Author Topic: copy/paste does not work  (Read 10384 times)

Offline king601

• Single posting newcomer
copy/paste does not work
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:00:52 pm »
Hello again  ;D ,

So I started using code blocks as I learn C . Surprisingly enough during that time I have not used copy/paste because my C topics were still for beginners  but as I started advancing in the hard topics copy/paste were needed. However , I discovered  I can't make copy/paste whether it from keyboard CRTL-C/CRTL-V or by using mouse (right-click > edit > copy/paste). I do not know why . Code blocks run fine . I am running Manjaro linux which based on Arch Linux with XFCE installed on top of it. I installed code blocks through official repositories of Arch linux .

Side note: I went to setting>Editor>keyboard short cuts > I looked at copy/paste and there was no binding keyboard key , so I tried to do it by my self . When I did that , I receive error  "KeyBinding File corrupted, please delete >>then gave its location . I went and deleted the file  but it did not solve the problem. I also tried solving the problem by  re-installed code blocks but the same problem exists.

Offline p2rkw

• Almost regular
Re: copy/paste does not work
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:19:24 pm »
Try to disable xfce-clipman and/or xfce-clipman-plugin.

Offline frickson

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:56:47 pm »
I'm having the same problem as the OP. Have the problem when running Xfce Clipman, Parcellite, or no clipboard manager at all.

Code::Blocks version: 12.11
System: OpenSUSE 12.3 x86_64

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 07:52:31 pm »
Does copy paste work in Scite?
Have you tried a night build?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline frickson

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:53:25 pm »
Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I changed some settings in Parcellite, and copy & paste seems to be working fine now. But trying to assign Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V inside C::B still gives the "KeyBinding file corrupted" error. So I'm guessing that Parcellite (or other clipboard managers) have a lock on those, and C::B puts up that error by default. Maybe it should say that those key combinations are reserved by the system, or something.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 03:52:04 pm »
I don't think this is related to Parcellite. I think it is either keybinder's limitation, wxGTK or gtk+ limitation.

What version of Parcellite do you use?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline frickson

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 04:14:27 pm »
Percellite version is 1.0.2rc5
Clipman version is 1.2.3 (also gets the error)

Hmm, just checked, and I get the error without any clipboard manager running. So it must be something related to keybinder, wxGTK or gtk+ as you mentioned.