Author Topic: Urgent solution needed. :/.  (Read 24698 times)

Offline Userx

• Single posting newcomer
Urgent solution needed. :/.
« on: April 17, 2013, 02:41:22 pm »
I just started learning C++ . When i build and run the ""hello world" program in Code Block , below in the build log it is shown in red that "Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)" . I am using Windows 8 . Need urgent help . Thank you. :) :/

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Urgent solution needed. :/.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:54:00 pm »
The most urgent solution you can get is to search the forum  ::)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:31:38 pm »
is there a .exe in the output folder? what happens if you start this exe? what happens if you start this exe from the cmd (if you don't know what cmd is please google you will need id if you want become a c++ programmer...)

Offline Userx

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 10:01:55 am »
Well where is the output folder ? There is none in the file where i saved the project. Not even an .exe file.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 02:12:21 pm »
please post the full build log in code tags.
To get the full build log hit "rebuild" and copy and paste the whole Build Log: the text in the Build Log tab at the bottom.

the output folder is normaly:
\Path\To\your\project\bin\Debug
or if you select the release build from the drop down menue
\Path\To\your\project\bin\Release

(i think i will make a faq from this problem later...)

Offline Userx

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 02:52:51 pm »

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    cout << "Hello world!" << endl;
    return 0;
}

-------------- Build: Debug in Xample (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe  -o bin\Debug\Xample.exe obj\Debug\main.o   
mingw32-g++.exe: Internal error: Aborted (program collect2)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml> for instructions.
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

and no there is no .exe in that output folder.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 03:12:23 pm »
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml> for instructions.
The compiler have told you what to do!
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 07:08:46 pm »
it could also be possible that you have a wrong compiler version on you pc.

How did you have installed c::b? Where did you downloaded it? witch version? with mingw integrated?
Witch Mingw version do you use? Have you ever installed DevC++ before?

can you try to uninstall c::b and mingw and install this version: http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup_user.exe

i think you have a mess with the compiler...

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 10:13:15 pm »
Special characters/spaces in path?

Offline Userx

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 08:40:29 am »
it could also be possible that you have a wrong compiler version on you pc.

How did you have installed c::b? Where did you downloaded it? witch version? with mingw integrated?
Witch Mingw version do you use? Have you ever installed DevC++ before?

can you try to uninstall c::b and mingw and install this version: http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup_user.exe

i think you have a mess with the compiler...

Well no i installed that only .And i had the compiler problem with dev c++ as well. I guess GCC compiler doesnt go with windows 8 or something ?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 09:05:47 am »
Well no i installed that only .And i had the compiler problem with dev c++ as well. I guess GCC compiler doesnt go with windows 8 or something ?
ggc normally works fine on win8.

And your problem turns out to be a compiler or compiler-installation issue.

If you have read the forum rules, you would know that your are violating them.

You have accepted to follow these rules when you registered here.

If you know what is wrong in your installation, and don't know how to do this in C::B, search the forum.
If you still do not get an answer, feel free to aks.

Topic locked !

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 09:23:38 am »
 >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Well i do not get how i violated the rules ? Isn't it supposed to be a forum to ask for help ? And i did the installation thing several times and it still has the same error. If the problem is not with windows 8 64bit , then why is no C++ programming software running on it and instead having the same GCC compiler problem. Would be great if you could help to solve the problem .  Thanks :)

Maybe you should read the rules, or if you really did this read it more carefully:
[...]
2. Compiler/Linker errors are NOT Code::Blocks errors. Usually, C++ newcomers tend to confuse the Editor/IDE (Code::Blocks) with the Compiler (MINGW / GCC). You may see some errors in the compiler output because you missed to do something right in your code. But that's not Code::Blocks troubleshooting, that's C++ troubleshooting and does not belong in here. If your program doesn't compile, READ THE C++ MANUAL.

[...]

7. Only after you have checked everything out and you're sure it's a Code::Blocks configuration problem / bug and not a C++ problem, post it.

8.) Do not send private messages (PM's) to one of the admins/devs if the question/statement can also be asked in the forums. PM's are only for administrative purposes, not for technical questions. If you don't respect that, you might be banned silently.

Thank you.

Finale note: Ignoring these rules may result in the topic being (silently) locked and/or even removed completely without any notice.

In case you wonder why we are so strict: I could say: "Search the forum" - as this has been discussed a lot. To make is short: By law we (the devs/moderators) are responsible for the content of our forum. This means we need to read all posts. If you want us to continue the development of C::B and have the time to answer some of the questions that are really related to C::B, apply the rules above. It's obviously a matter of time for us.
[...]
Obviously you are ignoring the rules again.

In your posts you clearly stated, that the errror happens with Code::Blocks and DevC++, so it's clearly not an issue of the IDE(s), but of the compiler and most likely of the compiler setup.
Such questions are not allowed.

If you know how to set up the compiler, but don't know the place where to do this in C::B (and you don't get the answer with searching the forum , the manual and the web), feel free to ask here.

You also asked me for technical help with your issue in a PM, that also violates the rules (clearly stated there).
PM means Personal Message !!
Of course there are people I discuss technical stuff via PM, but these are mainly C::B-developers or the problems have nothing to do with C:::B, but my repositories for debian and/or Fedora, RedHat/CentOS or the packages there.

I do not have Win8 64-bit, just 32-bit, but there everything works flawlessly, the same is for Win7 64-bit.

Just for your information:
I just put you on the list of users, who are not allowed to send PM's to me.

Jens