Author Topic: The 12 April 2013 build (8982) is out.  (Read 210871 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 12 April 2013 build (8982) is out.
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 10:42:04 am »
The issue with Ctrl-ArrowUp / Ctrl-ArrowDown to scroll text. On Debian works fine; on XP it does not. Cheers
I am on XP, too - works fine here. Do you have the KeyMacs / Keybindings or any similar plugins enabled?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline l_inc

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 05:04:39 pm »
Hello everybody.  I successfully used the http://apt.jenslody.de/stable repository for more than a year on my Ubuntu 12.04.2. However I just performed a regular update and somehow accepted a partial upgrade. This procedure deleted the CodeBlocks and now I can't get it back because of the libfontconfig1 versions incompatibility. I currently get the following output when trying to install codeblocks:

Code
sudo apt-get install codeblocks
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 codeblocks : Depends: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.9.0) but 2.8.0-3ubuntu9.1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I'm not an experienced *nix user, and have no idea, how to overcome this kind of issues. Could someone suggest a way to resolve this one?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 05:39:22 pm »
My repo is not (!!) compatible with ubuntu 12.04 (and newer), since a long time.
You should use pasguis repo instead: https://launchpad.net/~pasgui/+archive/ppa/ .

Offline l_inc

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 05:45:12 pm »
jens
My repo is not (!!) compatible with ubuntu 12.04 (and newer), since a long time.
Thanks for replying, but that's strange, because as I said, I've successfully been using it until today. All updates were correctly installed and I always got a newer nightly release for CodeBlocks. Last time CodeBlocks was correctly updated from your repository was 3rd of May (to the revision 12.11svn9026-1).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:46:59 pm by l_inc »

Offline l_inc

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 06:05:53 pm »
jens
Thanks again. Switching to the pasgui repository solved the problem. The revision is older than I had from your repository, but at least it works.

I really hate the whole *nix stuff, because it always starts feeding me with stupid administrative problems at the very moment, when the rest of my life depends on working fast on my current tasks

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 06:17:08 pm »
I really hate the whole *nix stuff, because it always starts feeding me with stupid administrative problems at the very moment, when the rest of my life depends on working fast on my current tasks
If you have no time to manage your system you don't execute the system updater! If it works you don't change/touch it :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 06:35:05 pm »
jens
Thanks for replying, but that's strange, because as I said, I've successfully been using it until today. All updates were correctly installed and I always got a newer nightly release for CodeBlocks. Last time CodeBlocks was correctly updated from your repository was 3rd of May (to the revision 12.11svn9026-1).
Debian has switched the revisions: former testing is now stable, etc.
And I updated my repo today to follow this scheme.
So this might be the cause of your issue.

I do not use ubuntu (except for testing in rare cases).
And debian is installed on my wifes system, but it has testing/unstable (with very few experimental stuff), but C::B works fine there.

stefanos_

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 06:42:26 pm »
The issue with Ctrl-ArrowUp / Ctrl-ArrowDown to scroll text. On Debian works fine; on XP it does not. Cheers
I am on XP, too - works fine here. Do you have the KeyMacs / Keybindings or any similar plugins enabled?

I'm not disabling or enabling any plugin according to my needs. I just compile the latest revision and check for possible issues upon use. Where should I check for such plugin or functionality, just in case it got disabled if there's such functionality I mean? I have found it and yes, it's enabled. I have disabled it and tried again to use the keys and it's not working. I'm sure this plugin was on for ages and never had such issues. Is there anything else I should try?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:44:25 pm by ToApolytoXaos »

Offline ptolomey

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 07:01:35 am »
Hi,
I am trying to find a Code::Blocks 12.11 build 8982 repository for Ubuntu 13.04.
But unfortunatelly

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:15 am »
Cause identified: it is the FortranProject plugin.  This plugin rebinds the keyboard shortcuts, making their previous use invalid.

stefanos_

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2013, 12:18:29 pm »

I'm not disabling or enabling any plugin according to my needs. I just compile the latest revision and check for possible issues upon use. Where should I check for such plugin or functionality, just in case it got disabled if there's such functionality I mean? I have found it and yes, it's enabled. I have disabled it and tried again to use the keys and it's not working. I'm sure this plugin was on for ages and never had such issues. Is there anything else I should try?

This is to inform everyone that the Ctrl-ArrowUp/Ctrl-ArrowDown issue can get resolved if you disable FortranProject from Plugins. I don't know why Fortran is enabled by default, but personally I don't use it. All I do on Windows, I update my revision to the latest available version and compile the entire workspace.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:44:08 pm by ToApolytoXaos »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2013, 01:31:18 pm »
the plug-in should be adjusted, it should not redefine keys of general purpose use.

It has to play nice ;-)

Offline darmar

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:32 pm »
I have just uploaded required changes in sources of FortranProject plugin. The problem with Ctrl-ArrowUp / Ctrl-ArrowDown should be resolved.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 11:52:24 pm »
dramar:
Could you please fix "make dist" in a non-source directory?
There is a failure in the Fortran plugin.

Steps to reproduce:
Code
./bootstrap
mkdir build
cd build
../configure
make dist

You have to use $srcdir and $topdir or something like this. See the other Makefiles for details.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 02:56:54 pm »
After trying Nightly 8982 on Windows XP for a while, I have abandoned it for 8598 RC2 which I used before. The main issue I have seen with 8982 appears in wxSmith, where single-clicking controls on the RAD tool results in immediate generation of an event handler. This is mostly not what I want, very annoying and makes it very hard to do simple layout changes in wxSmith.

Another issue appears to be unforced focus changes, when the mouse leaves the editor area. Suddenly a random file becomes focused, causing confusion. The older 8598 RC2 does not seem to show these issues. Similarly, the 17. May tarball from Jens Lody (build 9-something, now replaced by 9145) does not show similar problems as the 8982 build on Windows.

PS. I don't build C::B myself on Windows, but rely on the prebuilt nightlies.