Author Topic: Questions about installing on Ubuntu  (Read 3776 times)

Offline maldorel

• Single posting newcomer
Questions about installing on Ubuntu
« on: March 29, 2013, 06:55:18 pm »
I'm about to switch to Ubuntu 12.10 and I was just wondering what the equivalent of the Window's "codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup.exe" file was for Ubuntu 64 bit?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Questions about installing on Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 08:00:43 pm »
apt-get install codeblocks

If it is not available then talk to ubuntu maintainers. Here we don't maintain distros, just codeblocks.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline anyzis

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 11:34:28 am »
Not to create another thread...

I've used CB for quite some time now on Ubuntu 12.10 (the repository version which is v10) but after I ticked the contrib package in software center, CB stopped working. I tried everything - ticking and unticking all the packages, installing, uninstalling, adding a different source (which doesn't seem to affect software center, it still installs v10 for some reason), when I click the CB icon it just flashes for a few seconds and nothing happens. There is no lingering process in the background, no error, nothing. I am a Linux newbie which prevents me from doing more thorough wiping or whatever, so I'm out of ideas.

Any help appreciated!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 11:50:02 am »
Try to start C::B from a terminal (gnome-terminal or konsole or whatever your window manager offers) and look at the output.

Offline anyzis

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 12:19:56 pm »
Thanks, that was helpful:
Code
(codeblocks:4452): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",
Exception: An exception has been raised!

The application encountered an error at configmanager.cpp, on line 239.
The error message is:

TinyXML error: Error document empty.
In file: /home/<>/.codeblocks/default.conf
At row 0, column: 0.
So I deleted default.conf and it launched. Now, is there a way to force the package manager to update CB to v12? As I mentioned in the previous post, simply adding a software source does nothing