Author Topic: Code::Blocks 12.11 cannot find/run the compiler  (Read 51265 times)

AyameTaylor

Code::Blocks 12.11 cannot find/run the compiler
« on: February 28, 2013, 06:33:01 am »
Alright, So i have already made an oppsie on the forum; hopefully this isn't another one.

So I downloaded the Code::Blocks 12.11/MinGW from the Downloads page.

It installed correctly; or so i thought. I went to run the standard "HelloWorld" Test, I get this message cropping up.

"HelloWorld - Debug": The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?!
Goto "Settings->Compiler and debugger...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.
Skipping...
Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date).

Now, I have looked online all over the place, trying to figure out what the heck is going on. THey tell me to go to the "Compiler& Debugger" Section of the Settings drop down-- however, There is a "Compiler" And then there is a "Debugger."

So I managed to find the right section to get to the "Toolchain Executables" However, Every method i have tried thus far keeps ending me up at the beginning with no clear idea of what the fudgingfudgebucket to do.

*Takes a deep breath*

Obviously I am a new user of C::B I am wanting to learn C++, I don't want to be defeated before i have left the gate so to speak.

Does anyone know what to do with this version of C::B
Because I have tried ten or so "Fixes" and none of them have worked.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks 12.11 cannot find/run the compiler
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:12:58 am »
Did you run the autodetection on the toolchain tab.
If that does not work (in some rare cases), you have to fix the compilers masterpath manually.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 01:01:27 pm »
Did you run the autodetection on the toolchain tab.

After making sure the correct compiler has been chosen, in your case this is very likely "GNU GCC Compiler".

If installing for the first time, the "result defaults" is also a good thing to try.
It erases the Compiler Customization and run  autodetection.

NOTE: The above is going with the idea you are on Windows and download the version of CB with mingw in the file name.

Tim S.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 01:07:34 pm »
If installing for the first time, the "result defaults" is also a good thing to try.
I guess it should be "Reset defaults" .