Author Topic: ENV VAR imported from either bashrc or profile, C::B not a child ?  (Read 2945 times)

Offline DoingIsLearning

• Single posting newcomer
Hi everyone,

So I have really enjoyed the codeblocks experience so far but I have hit a bump in the road.

Environment variables imported in both ~/.bashrc , AND in /etc/profile don't seem to be imported during codeblocks Run.

If I open the project inside an Xterm terminal (i.e. codeblocks myproj.cbp) then codeblocks does act like a terminal child and loads the variables. Why is it not doing the same from launch bar? Am I missing something? 

I would expect I could just launch the application from launchbar and still have the environment variables available.
>> Could you point me to what additional steps are required?

Thank you once again for this great project!

i686
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)"
C::B  Release 10.05 rev 0
(spare me the chuckles! i know it's old but it's what was in the debian database)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
I don't think we can do anything about this problem.
It is a question that you should ask to the developers of your launcher/wm/de.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
I think there is somewhere inside Code::Blocks to set which shell is used for some operations.
No idea if relates to your problem. And, I have no idea if CB works with other shells than the default shell.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org