Author Topic: "debugger current line" is not showing during debug  (Read 7467 times)

Braindead

"debugger current line" is not showing during debug
« on: December 26, 2005, 01:51:03 pm »
I noticed this also in rc1. After setting up a breakpoint and starting debug with f8 the current debug line does not shows up in C::B. And also if I step to the next line after the breakpoint it doesnt shows up. This is very confusing!!
 I ´ve installed C::B with MingW32 Package onto a W2000 Sp4 . BTW Dev-C++ works fine with this feature (after a downgrade of gdb to 5.x). I also tried to downgrade the C::B gdb  too but no changes. The color is set to something like blue (default). Have i missed a setting-dialog or is this a bug?? Any solution/suggestion?

Win2000 SP4 + patches
Geforce 4 TI 4200
1 GB 

tried also with all extensions off

Thanks
Braindead

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: "debugger current line" is not showing during debug
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 02:42:14 pm »
Just a fast suggestion :). Did you try with Ceniza's or Therion's latest binary snapshot? May be with this newer SVN version of C::B your problems are resolved.

Michael

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 02:43:59 pm »
No idea about RC1, that's quite a bit outdated. The debugger has been substantially improved since then (and since RC2), so you might really want to use a more recent version.

In the development version of Code::Blocks (which is the only one I use myself), the debugger works really fine (way better than Dev-CPP).
You should absolutely use gdb 6.3, as this is the version which the Code::Blocks debugger plugin is being developed for.

tried also with all extensions off
You need at least two plugins. Without compiler and debugger, it cannot possibly work. Also, disabling the default MIME handler plugin is generally a really bad idea.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Braindead

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 08:10:57 pm »
First of all sorry for my bad english im german  :D

@ Michael
Ok i`ll try them

@ all @ thomas

I was a little bit unclear  :)

I use RC2 BUT i noticed this issue also with RC1 .
I also switched back to gdb 6.3 after trying gdb 5.x

And with extensions i mean: "Windows extensions" (like Iconoid wich is used to graphically "enhanche" the Windows-Desktop ).  Every other "Line -Colors" are displayed.
Oh and debugger works so far. If i set a breakpoint and gdb reaches it the codeexecution is interupted. And if i press "Step Over" or "Step Into" everything works .
The only thing wich doesnt work is: C::B doesnt show me the line the debugger is currently in.

My projekt is an imported Dev-Cpp project. Dos application
i just figured out that even making a "New Projekt" and importing the Files does't change the fact. The "current debugger line" isn't showing .

Thanks to all
Merry christmas and a happy new year
Braindead

Oh
I will also try C::B with my laptop shortly and give respone if it works there.
But i think this will be "next  year"  :)

Braindead

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 08:19:29 pm »
Ok its not nevt year but... :lol:

I just figured out that if i create a new project C::B comes up with the short "hello World" code
If i set a breakpoint and debug iit everything works.
It seem that it has something to do with "importing files"

Thanks
Braindead

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 11:28:50 pm »
I just figured out that if i create a new project C::B comes up with the short "hello World" code
If i set a breakpoint and debug iit everything works.
It seem that it has something to do with "importing files"

Not sure. I have tried with larger project without too much troubles. May be you have to change your C::B debugger options (Settings-->Debugger). Try also a search in the forum. Some of the posts could contain useful information and/or hints.

Michael

PS.: Use GDB 6.3 and not GDB 5.X