Author Topic: Problem with localized installations  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Folco

• Regular
    • Folco's blog (68k lover)
Problem with localized installations
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:46:20 pm »
Hi,

When my system is set in english, and that I compile a simple int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { return 0;}, I get something like that :

So all is fine.

But if my system language is french, I don't get anymore "warning: unused parameter", but "attention : unused parameter".
I guess that C::B looks for "warning" and "error" words to display the count of warnings and error at the end of compilation.
So, as my system is in french, "warning" is not displayed, so C::B says me that compilation encountered 2 errors, instead of 2 warnings.

Is there a way to have my system in my own language, and a correct report of errors/warnings ?
Kernel Extremist - PedroM power ©

zabzonk

Re: Problem with localized installations
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:05:53 pm »
IMHO, you don't want the error messages in anything other than English. Localisation of compiler (or any other development tool) error messages is one of the great mistakes that tool providers make. You want them in English so you can google for them, so that third party tools (like code::blocks) work properly, and so that people reading them on fora like this one can understand them. English is the standard language for programming in - not only should your error messages be in English, but so should your code.

Offline Folco

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:26:02 pm »
Ok. So I have to find an option for gcc/g++ to force it to talk in english. I lookt for such a solution, thanks. =)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:28:38 pm »
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,17477.0.html

@devs: we should do this to be done by default:)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Folco

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:47:12 pm »
Ok, setting  global var inside C::B works fine, thank you =)