Author Topic: Permission Denied in Ubuntu while running a program via Code::Blocks  (Read 20845 times)

Offline Sucho

• Single posting newcomer
I've been using Code::Blocks IDE with GCC compiler in Windows 7 without any problem. I recently installed Ubuntu 12.10 and downloaded Code::Blocks with GCC compiler from the software center. After writing a console application, the program(if there are no errors) builds without any problem. But after i run it, the console window says-Permission denied(Actually the executable file in the bin folder shows-Permission denied). I tried changing the directory in which the projects are saved(Similar problem arose in windows and changing the directory helped), but in vain. Please help! I'm virtually clueless in ubuntu as this is my first linux venture. So please elaborate the solution at the base level! :-(

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Permission Denied in Ubuntu while running a program via Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:46:36 pm »
First of all, I assume you have read this FAQ.
On Ubuntu, it is generally a good idea to store your projects in (or in a sub-folder of) your home directory.  The home directory is sometimes referred to as "~/" and sometimes "/home/username".  In my case, I usually work in "/home/alpha/dev" while programming.