Author Topic: Global Variables and stuff  (Read 4229 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Global Variables and stuff
« on: December 20, 2005, 02:34:10 am »
   First, I got Version 1.0 revision 1562 (gcc 3.4.4 Windows/ANSI, build: Dec 19 2005 10:02:12) up, running, and compiling using global variables.  I must say.  Global variables rock!  I love them already.  I have a question about the gcc variable.  I am using the version of MingW shipped with RC 2.  What woudl I do for the includ & lib directories.

Is there a quicker way to convert older projects to use global variables?

Thank you.  Keep up the great work.  CB keeps getting better every day.
jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
Re: Global Variables and stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 02:44:03 am »
   First, I got Version 1.0 revision 1562 (gcc 3.4.4 Windows/ANSI, build: Dec 19 2005 10:02:12) up, running, and compiling using global variables.  I must say.  Global variables rock!  I love them already.  I have a question about the gcc variable.  I am using the version of MingW shipped with RC 2.  What woudl I do for the includ & lib directories.

I think I remember them being (I use standalone MinGW so it's different for me now):
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\include
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\lib

Thank you.  Keep up the great work.  CB keeps getting better every day.
jmccay

It's not too often you can say that and mean it so literally, huh?  :lol:
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 11:28:44 am »
You want to set $(#gcc) to the Code::Blocks directory in this case, as this is the root dir for MinGW at the same time and contains the directories lib and include.

Note that you can set $(#gcc.include) and $(#gcc.lib), but these default to $(#gcc)/include and $(#gcc)/lib, which is usually good. Most people, although they can, do not need to set these.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 11:31:23 am by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 03:14:37 am »
Thanks a lot for the help.  C::B does seem to get better every day.  Keep up the great work.
jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.