Author Topic: No Option for Olimex 2378 Development Board  (Read 12283 times)

Offline DeedOnMySoul

• Single posting newcomer
No Option for Olimex 2378 Development Board
« on: January 12, 2013, 05:13:52 pm »
I'm programming a 2378 development board for a certificate program, and I don't see that board as an option in Code::Blocks.  Can anyone point me in the right directions? 

p.s. I'm not exactly a programming expert, not not a beginner - so please if you can help, please keep that in mind! :)

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
Re: No Option for Olimex 2378 Development Board
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 06:04:13 pm »
What options do you need for that board? Program, debug etc...? You can assign 'tools' menu entries by using command line tools that can perform these actions. Other than that you won't have anything else as codeblocks doesn't support any hardware officially cuz it's a general IDE. Can you please give more details about your microcontroller, compiler etc.. so I may be of further help?

Offline DeedOnMySoul

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 07:56:54 pm »
What options do you need for that board? Program, debug etc...? You can assign 'tools' menu entries by using command line tools that can perform these actions. Other than that you won't have anything else as codeblocks doesn't support any hardware officially cuz it's a general IDE. Can you please give more details about your microcontroller, compiler etc.. so I may be of further help?

At the moment in the course, its programming (flashing code), debugging on the board (I believe).  I have successfully installed the LPC2000  Flash Utility, FlashMagic, Insight... and.... I'm pulling my hair out over OCD Remote.  Everytime I launch the OCDRemote tool (just to see if it "installed" correctly), it asks for the license each and everytime.  I got a free license by e-mailing and asking for one, but everytime I launch the tool it keeps asking for the license even though it's supposed to ask only one time and then never again.

Back to my main question: when I launch a new project Code::Blocks asks for what type of "ARM evaluation board."  The board my class made me purchase isn't on the list of only 2 Olimex boards in Code::Blocks (which I love for C and C++).

I decided to take an online certificate program in embedded systems, but they suggest using Eclipse, and I spent 4 days trying to get Eclipse to work for C programming, without success. 

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:23:44 pm »
Those board selections are provided by the script wizard to add some linker scripts and standard definitions for the corresponding board. Nothing much that you can't add manually really. If you have those files just add them to your project and include them manually. I think you should ask Olimex for them. Or if you want the wizard support your board, you can modify the wizard.