Author Topic: "compiler" and "lib_finder" plugins hangout CB  (Read 4221 times)

Offline MasterAlexei

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Fun electronic
"compiler" and "lib_finder" plugins hangout CB
« on: January 29, 2013, 02:05:51 pm »
Hello everyone here!

I did compiled CB from SVN, Rev 8822 against wxWidgets 2.9.4 on Ubuntu 2.6.38-16-generic with "unity" GUI.

So. First run was OK. After setting some changes in Environment, I did close CB and startet it again. It hangs. Totally.
After some googling I did not  find anything about it and moved all plugins from /usr/local/lib/codeblocks/plugins. CB starts but says some errors about empty lists. It is ok. It start, and that is good here.

After moving plugins one by one back I did find out, that plugins compiler and lib_finder cases the hang of CB.
On console there is nothing about the errors, only list of already loaded plugins.
If I set --debug-log switch, then in console there is even no that list. Nothing at all.

If the CB hangs, "top" shows, that there is a pkg-config <defunct> and codeblocks. But without any activity. And gam_server (not sure, if it related to CB)

So. Any Ideas, how to get it working again?

Without Compiller plugin is CB useles, I think.

Regards,

Alexey

UPDT.
If it helps.
The plugins wxSmithAui wxSmith and wxSmithContribItems does not started, there is a PopUp that they are failed to start.
I see PopUp when I remove compiler and lib_finder plugins, ofcourse ;-)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:09:37 pm by MasterAlexei »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: "compiler" and "lib_finder" plugins hangout CB
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:59:37 pm »
C::B compiled with wx2.9 is still not (fully) working and much less stable than compiled with wx2.8.x .

So either disable these plugins, wait for updated sources or (better) fix the issues and upload patches for them (that do not break wx2.8.x) .

Offline MasterAlexei

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Fun electronic
Re: "compiler" and "lib_finder" plugins hangout CB
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:11:25 pm »
C::B compiled with wx2.9 is still not (fully) working and much less stable than compiled with wx2.8.x .
The problem, why I use wx2.9, is "unity" on ubuntu. wx2.8 and 2.9.1 have some issues with it (according google). I did try to use wx2.8.12 with CB, and CB did started but did not responded on any mouse or keyboard actions, even did not closes. Only "kill" helped.

Code
So either disable these plugins
Disable "compiller" plugin means -> close CB and use some thing other to compile your projects. :)

Code
 (better) fix the issues and upload patches for them (that do not break wx2.8.x) .
I have no idea where to digg the problem. I am not the CB developer (yet, may be), and not the "compiler" plugin developer.

Code
 wait for updated sources
It is the only one option left to me at the moment :(