Author Topic: Problem with Build  (Read 5440 times)

LucAnd

Problem with Build
« on: December 21, 2005, 05:12:39 pm »
i have recently downloaded code:blocks and i like it , i downloaded it with the mingw compiler and it instaled default
My compiler works , but i can't build , the build option isnt't even highlighteed , it's as if it didn't existed , i'm new to programing so i am interested how can i get the program ready to compile cand create programs??
Help pls

LucAnd

Re: Problem with Build
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 05:35:45 pm »
i forgot to specify that my debuger dosen't work either , practicly no comand is available except compile

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 05:41:14 pm »
First, make sure your compiler is installed and recognized correctly, then make a project, and you should be able to compile:

"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

LucAnd

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 05:34:35 pm »
thx , seams that my problem was i wasn't onening any project since i was onely creating stand alone c+ sources, but there is still a problem , now the build works but when i run from inside the aplication weird things haoen (diferent for diferent tipes of projects) it's a bit anoying to have to run the program from the exe manualy every time so i am interested , is there any way to ceate and run stand-alone files??
And if not what king of project should i open in order to create c++ sources and programs??

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 06:02:05 pm »
The one that meets your requirements... not knowing what you intend to write, it is quite impossible to tell you.

If you are just beginning to program, then "console application" will be what you want.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

LucAnd

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 06:43:12 pm »
thx , i just want to learn programing and write mathematican algorithms , i have no intention of creating any real programs , all i want to do is solve problems like those u can find on USACO

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 07:34:01 pm »
Then "console application" it is.

LucAnd

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 09:57:41 am »
THX for all the help , i finaly made Code::Blocks work the way i want , it's greate , great program u have here