Author Topic: Converting Visual Studio Express Projects to Code::Blocks  (Read 11016 times)

Offline lmsmi1

• Multiple posting newcomer
Converting Visual Studio Express Projects to Code::Blocks
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:45:20 pm »
Well, I have a Visual Studio project with all of the files needed. It's WinAPI and some of the functions can't be found. Is there a tool I can use to convert Visual Studio Express project files to C::B files, or do I need to download the appropriate headers (if they're even avalible for DL)?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Converting Visual Studio Express Projects to Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:49:45 pm »
What do you mean by convert the projects?
From your description is seems you're talking like you need an automatic tool for porting from VC++ compiler to GCC automagically.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline lmsmi1

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 04:54:01 pm »
Yes. That's what I'm looking for.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 05:08:50 pm »
Yes. That's what I'm looking for.
That is not possible - those compilers are not compatible at all, so there cannot be a 1:1 transformation. They have even a completely different concept and also focus on different platforms (Win only / cross).

So - C::B helps you by converting only obvious switches via the project importer, but you are responsible for fixing your code and using right flags as needed.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ