Author Topic: The 12.11 RC2 (23 November 2012 build 8598) is out.  (Read 277296 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: The 12.11 RC2 (23 November 2012 build 8598) is out.
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2013, 03:40:23 am »
Hi, thx for the ongoing hard work, i really appreciate.

I have found some issues on LinuxMint64 C::B svn 8832

rev 8832 is quite newer revision.

Code

The code-completion does not work for me as it should.

I work with the irrlicht engine, everything is found in namespace irr, irr::core, irr::video etc...

when i use a statement "using namespace irr;" in my main.cpp then the cc does not
include the related things into the cc-list, i still have to write irr::anything to get access.

The same happens when i am inside a namespace scope

namespace irr{
namespace video{

irr::video::anything  i have to write irr::? to get access to the cc-list

}}
Is it simple to test your code under Windows? I don't have all your libraries headers, maybe you can zip one (include the header files and your testing project).

when i have pointers/references to classes and use ->/. operators, then there is often (not always) no cc-list showing
members and functions and such.

--> so cc is not usable for me after update to 12rc, but it happened to work much better in previous svn-version 8600 and like
The same, need a test case to reproduce.

#4 when i have a class i.e. IImage and i press right and want to find its declaration or implementation, codeblocks simply does not find it.

the class header "IImage.h" is declared in file <irrlicht.h> which is included in my main.cpp.

thx in advance

Maybe, the #include "IImage.h" was stripped out by the preprocessor directives? Anyway, test case needed. :)
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline ham

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2013, 03:59:21 pm »
Hi,

Maybe, the #include "IImage.h" was stripped out by the preprocessor directives? Anyway, test case needed.

no, i use this class, everything compiles fine, no directives, irrlicht.h is just a header including many many other headers.

I didnt say cc-list does not find IImage, its just that i always have to type the fully qualified name, even
if i (my cursor) am inside the "namespace irr {}" scope or when i used the statement "using namespace irr;"

If you need a testcase, download irrlicht-engine from http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/downloads/

or "svn co https://irrlicht.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/irrlicht/trunk irrlicht-svn"

and go into folder examples, there is a workspace file for codeblocks, then compile the engine first and then one of the 30 examples
and try to get IImage from cc-list inside scope irr::video ( examples *.cpp use "using namespace irr;" statements)

#2 seems to work mostly now ( i use one parser for whole workspace now and restartet the ide)
so its #1 i beg you to concentrate.

thx

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:21:51 pm by ham »

Offline p2rkw

• Almost regular
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2013, 12:31:29 am »
Today I was hit by this bug, so I decided to fix it :)

Patch tracker seems to be offline, I upload patch here.

Edit: Patch updated, but effect is the same.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:30:24 pm by p2rkw »

Offline ham

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2013, 10:32:29 pm »
hi, using 8928 now, but still the same,

im in

namespace irr{
namespace scene{

but still have to type scene::IMesh instead of simple IMesh to get the cc-list item

happy easter to you all, and happy coding
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:37:53 pm by ham »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2013, 03:18:25 am »
Patch tracker seems to be offline, I upload patch here.
Looks like no one has picked up this patch yet.  I will look into it.

p2rkw, could you also post a simple test case(s)?

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2013, 08:01:04 am »
Hello Everybody:

Quote from: eckard_klotz on January 17, 2013, 10:04:07 am
when do you assume to post the next development-nightly?
When the nightly maintainer (killerbot) find the time again... (Sorry for being not more specific though...)

The next nightly will bring major changes btw...
Posted on: January 17, 2013, 10:06:17 amPosted by: jens

Is more specific information available now?
Is one major change the change of the location for the nightlies?
Or do you decide to have no nightlies anymore?

Please don't take me wrong the current version of C::B is good enough to work with. But I ask my self if I have missed some information about some changes in your publishing strategy.

Best reagrds,
                  Eckard Klotz.

stefanos_

« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2013, 08:27:12 am »
eckard, the nightlies are well and alive; nothing is dead. Have you read this first before you got panicked? ;)

ATTENTION DEVELOPERS! SVN HAS MOVED!

It's true that there's no nightly update here yet, but i guess it's because guys are working hard with new coding.

hekkeus

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2013, 01:00:54 pm »
when do you assume to post the next development-nightly?
When the nightly maintainer (killerbot) find the time again... (Sorry for being not more specific though...)

The name 'nightly' would suggest every night.
There used to be a time when nightlies really were nightlies.
Do you think you should rename the nightlies to monthlies or bi-monthlies.

Or, a revolutionary thought: maybe they should be called releases, with real version numbering.

Just a thought.

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2013, 01:05:23 pm »
Hello Stefanos.

Yes and No.

Yes, I read it but since the svn-things are more interesting for those who build C::B by them self, I just checked, that there was no current nightly somewhere in the sourceforge-project very casually.

No, it was more the
that made me wonder, what may hapened. In the past i understood the nightly more as an extended test-posibility for the developers. Thus it may be a every drastic change if they don't want to start some test-baloons here.

On the other sideI hope that nothing realy serious hapend with killerbot. In this case I certanly understand that there are more important things in the live of an opensource-developer. In this case, without asking for details, allow me to wish him that everything becomes well again.

Best regards,
                  Eckard Klotz.

stefanos_

« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2013, 01:13:35 pm »
@eckard_klotz: Well, I don't know what happened to killerbot as I am not a C::B developer myself; I'm just a regular user like yourself. I just happened to observe it quite thoroughly almost on a daily basis, because I find it a very interesting project.

@hekkeus: I cannot do such thing as I have already stated I am a simple C::B user like yourself. Now, about the story behind the "nightly builds" is beyond my knowledge, but what I could suggest is to give a try to compiling process and use it accordingly. I am building it myself and I am quite pleased with it; plus, I'm learning all day long new things from the whole thing. The guys here are excellent :)

@hekkeus-UPDATE:
1. What is a nightly build
Nightly builds are provided "as is". They are "binary" distributions, normally provided daily, representing the latest and greatest state of the codeblocks sources. Normally they are pretty stable, but however they can introduce new bugs, regressions, and on the other hand they can introduce new features, bug fixes, ...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:21:55 pm by stefanos_ »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »
will plan a nightly build as soon as possible, either this weekend, or the weekend there after