Author Topic: Building a project on a virtual machine via SSH terminal  (Read 7453 times)

Offline nvtrn

• Single posting newcomer
Building a project on a virtual machine via SSH terminal
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:41:23 am »
Hi,

I have a virtual machine installed on my computer (VirtualBox, virtual machine OS Windows Xp). On that virtual machine I've installed Code Blocks to be used to build a c++ project (.workspace file) using an SSH connection. The project files are saved to a drive which is shared with the host computer. I've also installed an SSH server software on the virtual machine (KpyM) and I've managed to connect to the virtual machine via PuTTY, and everything was fine so far.

The problem came up when I started codeblocks.exe, it began to run in the backround on the VM, and it was listed in the taskmanagers' processes-listing, but not in the applications-listing. The same thing happened when I tried to build the project via SSH terminal, codeblocks started in the background but nothing else seemed to be happening.

The command prompt commands and parameters I tried in the PuTTY terminal:

codeblocks.exe --no-splash-screen --debug-log --safe-mode --rebuild E:\Project\branches\release\src\Application.workspace --target='uRelease'

I've also tried some simpler command-lines, like start codeblocks.exe. The PuTTY terminal/command prompt console gives no output to me, meaning if the VM was installed on a remote server I'd have no idea whether Code Blocks started or not. At this point I still have the VM on my PC so I can check the VM task manger, and it shows that C::B opens in the process-listing, but nothing else happens. 

Also, everytime I gave a new command with codeblocks.exe written in the beginning there was a new C::B process started in the VM.

Do I need to enable C::B command prompt building somehow before I can actually do it, or do you think the problem is somewhere else?

Thanks,

nvtrn

stefanos_

Offline nvtrn

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Building a project on a virtual machine via SSH terminal
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 11:35:39 am »
Ah.. Thanks for that. I've been googling away for few hours but never noticed that article.  ::)