Author Topic: compiler options global vs. local  (Read 2730 times)

Offline Martin K.

• Multiple posting newcomer
compiler options global vs. local
« on: November 14, 2012, 02:50:29 pm »
Hi,

Under "Settings|Compiler" some options are local/compiler specific (for example "other settings compiler logging") and some are global/for all compiler (for example "build options, number of processes for parallel build") Is this intended?

Martin

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: compiler options global vs. local
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:19:19 pm »
Yes but it is wrong, because VC sometimes doesn't work with more than one process. Search the bug tracker for similar bug and if you don't find one, please report it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 03:23:44 pm »
to extend this original remark to specific project settings :
In Settings/Compiler you have to configure a list of compilers, automaticaly or manually. Here, viewing the whole list is OK.
But, in a specific properties' project, you can also see the same list. Could it be possible to reduce this list, here, to only the compilers configured in the general settings ?
I remember that this question has been asked before, quite a long time ago. It's not a strong request, but I think, it could be nice.

gd_on
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:25:50 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:29:55 pm »
Yes, we will do it in the future, I think, I hope it has been done already in the xml branch, but I've not tried it, so I don't know:)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]