Author Topic: Terminal?  (Read 6465 times)

Offline ignacio82

• Single posting newcomer
Terminal?
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »
I just discovered C::B and I'm loving it. Until now I was using gedit (ubuntu 12.04) to write my fortran code.

What I do is to mount my folder in a cluster using sshfs and edit my files locally. To compile and execute my code I connect to the cluster using ssh.

I couldn't find a way to have an embedded terminal in C::B. Is this possible to do?

This is how I'm working now [IMG=http://imageshack.us/a/img24/6419/screenshotfrom201210050.png][/IMG]

Thanks!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Terminal?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:28:17 pm »
No, use a tool or tool+.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ignacio82

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 02:36:43 am »
Could you point me in the right direction?
I really don't know how to use a tool or tool+ to do what I want
Thanks

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:05:45 am »
With Tools+ plugin you can do this:

Doesn't work at all well for interactive sessions, but if you can write a script to do the ssh connection and send the relevant commands, you can call it from tools+ and get the output in a control in the IDE.

Wiki Link for tools+: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Tools%2B_reference
(tools+ is a contrib plugin, so you have to make sure you have the contrib plugins installed)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 03:11:40 am »
I  should add that you can do much the same thing using the regular "Tools" menu (select tools -> configure tools) but you can't redirect output to a window inside the IDE like you can with Tools+.