Author Topic: C::B, DM and wxwidgets setup  (Read 4486 times)

Offline oplis

• Single posting newcomer
C::B, DM and wxwidgets setup
« on: September 12, 2012, 11:06:06 am »
Hello all

I would like to ask you for help.
I installed C::B 10.05. I set it up with Digital Mars and it works properly. Now I would like to use wxWidgets.
I downloaded wxWidgets 2.8.12.
According to the manual I comile it with Digital Mars compiler. Till now all was OK. I am able to compile minimal sample from cmd.

BUT....How can I implement it to Code::Block? I am playing with it two days without any success.
Also when I tried to use wxWizard from C::B there where two errors there and no result.

Please help me

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: C::B, DM and wxwidgets setup
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:40:57 am »
What errors exactly?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oplis

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 11:49:46 am »
The first one is that

"SquirellFunction<> call failed
AN ERROR HAS OCCURED"

and the second one is the same

One is coming during using of the wizard, the other one is directly after final screen of wizard

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54:30 am »
Strange.

So, it seems you'll have to setup the project manually.

1. start with enabling the full log, described here: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F
2. create a minimal console project or empty project
3. start adding stuff in project->build options->compiler/linker/search paths until the log looks correct or similar to the minimal sample you've compiled on the command line.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oplis

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 12:56:39 pm »
OK, thank you

I have moved forward.
This adding stuff to the setting according to command line was helpful.
Now I can copy the code to C::B and compile it in the C::B.
I set the paths and link the libraries.

However...the wizard is not still working. There is still the same error there.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 01:11:11 pm »
Something is broken and it must be debugged to understand what it is broken and then be fixed.

The wizard is a simple squirrel script and you can look at it by right clicking on the wizard->edit script.

See here for details on the scripting C::B: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Scripting_Code::Blocks

You can try to modify the script by adding calls to Log(wxT("...some text...")); to find where does it break.

p.s. you can always try a nightly build, to see if this problem has been fixed (probably not),
      but then you'll be modifying the latest version, so providing patches will be easier.

Offline oplis

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 02:26:36 pm »
OK, now the wizard is working properly. Thank you for advice.

The problem was following:
I am using Digital Mars compiler.
BUT when I checked script for wxWizard as you said, there is part where are set some parameters according to the used compiler (preffix and suffix of lib files). There was something like

if(gcc)
{......}
else if(msvc)
{....}

but there was not configuration for digital mars or only else as default.  So the wizar could not find correct lib files. So I added part "else" and in this part I used parameter for lib files for digital mars

Now it works OK.

Thanks a lot again  :D

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status