Author Topic: Problem with fortran project plugin  (Read 8387 times)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Problem with fortran project plugin
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:25:27 pm »
I tried to compile fortran project plugin (svn 22) after updating C::B to svn 8238 (and 8245), but it does not link apparently (compilation is OK). Probably something is missing now because it was OK 3/4 weeks ago.
Here is the short log (probably sufficient !)

Code
.objs\nativeparserf.o||In function `ZN13NativeParserF23OnReparseWorkspaceTimerER12wxTimerEvent':|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\nativeparserf.cpp|253|undefined reference to `s_WorkspaceParserMutex'|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\nativeparserf.cpp|256|undefined reference to `s_WorkspaceParserMutex'|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\nativeparserf.cpp|258|undefined reference to `WorkspaceParserThread::WorkspaceParserThread(NativeParserF*, int)'|
.objs\nativeparserf.o||In function `ZN13NativeParserF20ReparseCurrentEditorEv':|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\nativeparserf.cpp|928|undefined reference to `BufferParserThread::s_BPTInstances'|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\nativeparserf.cpp|930|undefined reference to `BufferParserThread::BufferParserThread(NativeParserF*, int)'|
.objs\parserf.o||In function `ZN7ParserF13IsFileFortranERK8wxStringR17FortranSourceForm':|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\parserf.cpp|1074|undefined reference to `FortranFileExt::IsFileFortran(wxString const&, FortranSourceForm&)'|
.objs\parserf.o||In function `ZN7ParserF13RereadOptionsEv':|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\parserf.cpp|1079|undefined reference to `FortranFileExt::RereadOptions()'|
.objs\parserf.o||In function `ZN7ParserF18GetFortranFileExtsERSt3setI8wxStringSt4lessIS1_ESaIS1_EE':|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\parserf.cpp|3539|undefined reference to `FortranFileExt::GetFortranFileExts(std::set<wxString, std::less<wxString>, std::allocator<wxString> >&)'|
.objs\parserf.o||In function `ZN7ParserF18ConnectToNewTokensEv':|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\parserf.cpp|3575|undefined reference to `s_NewTokensMutex'|
.objs\parserf.o||In function `_tcf_3':|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\parserf.cpp|22|undefined reference to `FortranFileExt::~FortranFileExt()'|
.objs\parserf.o||In function `_static_initialization_and_destruction_0':|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\parserf.cpp|22|undefined reference to `FortranFileExt::FortranFileExt()'|
.objs\fortranproject.o||In function `ZN14FortranProject12OnChangeCaseER14wxCommandEvent':|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\fortranproject.cpp|1844|undefined reference to `ChangeCase::ChangeCase(wxWindow*)'|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\fortranproject.cpp|1844|undefined reference to `ChangeCase::~ChangeCase()'|
C:\Users\Gerard_2\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\fortranproject.cpp|1844|undefined reference to `ChangeCase::~ChangeCase()'|
||=== Génération terminée : 14 erreurs, 0 avertissements (0 minutes, 8 secondes) ===|

I tried a full C::B generation before the fortran project build, but it's not sufficient.

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem with fortran project plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 06:14:15 pm »
I tried a full C::B generation before the fortran project build, but it's not sufficient.
Works fine for me - but probably you should report that to the maintainer of that plugin (darmar) in his own forum
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 11:27:46 pm »
Works fine for me - but probably you should report that to the maintainer of that plugin (darmar) in his own forum

It also compiled and linked for me. I am trying a full re-build and see if it fails.
But, I would guess there is not going to be a problem on the second build. Edit: The second build worked for me.

I suggest doing a full compile build because it is likely the object files are in the wrong order in the link command.
Note: I suggest a clean and build of the FORTRAN project before doing any error reporting.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:32:14 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Re: Problem with fortran project plugin [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 03:44:21 pm »
It was my mistake ! :(
I had made my own cbp file to integrate it with the full C::B generation by modifying and adding a few things : adding a default alias and directly copy the files in the right standard output folder. But there was some modification in the original .cbp file (new .cpp) that were not reported in my own version. So, of course ... they were missing. ;)
Now it works. 8)

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline htg20

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 09:42:45 am »
Hello All,

I am heavily dependent on Codeblocks with Fortran plugin (http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FortranProject_plugin). Apparently, this is not shipped with standard C::B installation with all the plugins in Ubuntu. So, I manually download from its website (http://darmar.vgtu.lt/). This is not a problem, but now I want to use C::B on a Mac with Fortran plugin (I don't want to use it but I develop a code and some of its users want to use it on MAC).

Will any of you be kind enough to compile the Fortran plugin on MAC?

Cheers
Hossein

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 09:46:34 am »
Will any of you be kind enough to compile the Fortran plugin on MAC?
Please ask the maintainer of this plugin (darmar) in his own forums. He might have a solution present.

Alternatively you can of course try to compile it yourself.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline htg20

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 10:07:40 am »

I asked darmar already and he does not have access to a MAC, me neither. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked...

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:12 am »
I asked darmar already and he does not have access to a MAC, me neither. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked...
Ah - OK... I didn't know - sorry for that.

So from what I can tell: Most of the core devs do not have a Mac. A member "afb" made the Mac releases recently, maybe you can nag him.

In general: We would also be interested in knowing Mac users that can at least provide packages by compiling and packaging up C::B for the Mac.

But clearly: Mac has less support from our side that we would love to see due to missing hardware, simply. :-\ :'(

Offline Martin K.

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 10:28:16 am »
Hi,

I'am a MAC User and i can try to build Code::Blocks in one of my Mountain Lion MACs.
Are there any descriptions of how to build it?

Martin

Offline htg20

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 11:03:49 am »

I think you already know the Fortran plugin website.

http://code.google.com/p/fortranproject/

There are descriptions to install it on Windows and Linux, but not Mac. Perhaps "afb" can help as "MortenMacFly" mentioned.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 11:25:32 am »
Are there any descriptions of how to build it?
I think the easiest way is to install an existing nightly build of C::B for the Mac and then use C::B to compile C::B. Note that this may require to install GCC (via XCode) and wxWidgets before. Maybe even to compile wxWidgets for the Mac, if thee is no dev-package...

The hard part is the packaging - I know Mac does strange things there I didn't not understand so it becomes an ".app" package or alike (you should know better). :-\

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 11:29:10 am »
I think the easiest way is to install an existing nightly build of C::B for the Mac and then use C::B to compile C::B. [...]

I am forwarding you here an internal note al lot of these issues are already addressed, however, the first and last part maybe of help:
Quote from: MortenMacFly
Hi all,
I got a Mac for rent and I am collecting my "experiences" with Apple. So far I personally know that I'll definitely not inve$t in a Mac (it's worse than both: Windows and Linux). I'll summarise some of the issues I experienced for reference here:

Pre-requisite:
  • You need the right Xcode version for your platform. On mine, for example with Mac OS 10.6.2 I needed exactly Xcode version 3.2.2. All other did not work.
  • When installing Xcode, make sure you also enable the "unix" stuff, otherwise the compiler will not be found by configure, autotools etc. and setting up C::B will be a pain.
  • It's worth adding these compiler switches permanently to the global compiler options: -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
  • Compilation of wxWidgets I have done in a sub-folder of the wxWidgets sources (wxMac) named "mac_build"
  • Compilation commands see below
  • As C::B I installed the latest nightly
  • I am trying to compile the debugger branch...

Bugs / issues:
  • wxPopupWindow is not available on the Mac. I replaced all occurrences with wxWindow as a hack
  • wxRE_ADVANCED is not available on the Mac. I replaced all occurrences with wxRE_EXTENDED as a hack
  • The linker switch -z defs is not available on the Mac. I removed it from the Unix project file
  • The toolbar images have different sizes on the Mac which looks extremely ugly.
  • C::B always crashes for me on exit, also if CC is disabled
  • Buttons to select a folder mostly don't show the "..." (the dots) which  looks ugly.
  • The project's build options don't show targets -> major annoyance, as you have to go through the project options, select the target and then build options to be actually able to change them.
  • Codesnippets app does not compile as it links against X11 not present on the Mac -> disabled
  • The update shell script does not work ("illegal option -- u"), exchanged cp -fu with cp -u
  • copy and strip commands (and therefore a lot of post-build steps) do not work as they search for a *.so file mask, should be *.dylib
  • A lot of the plugins have the extension *.so hard-coded in the Unix project file which is simply wrong. All plugins have to use the auto prefix and extension option!
  • The "find"/"replace" dialog is mis-sized and looks extremely ugly.
  • FileManager: DirectoryMonitor does not compile, disabled that plugin for the moment.
  • Linker error "ld: symbol(s) not found" is not recognised as error and the build seems to have succeeded although it does not.
  • wxsanimationctrl does not compile in wxSmithLib. Strange it works at all, as the interface used is simply wrong. The docs state the third param should be a const wxAnimation& anim and used is a wxString.
  • wxRE_CENTER_CARET not present on the Mac
  • References to /bin/bash in update scripts do not work (bash not available)
  • All compiled apps I try to run are in the background and C::B seems frozen. Moreover I cannot activate the apps in the background and have to kill them using C::B's stop ("X") button.
  • ...more to come...

Compilation of wxWidgets:
Code
cd mac_build
../configure --with-contrib-plugins=all --enable-shared --enable-monolithic --enable-unicode --with-macosx-sdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk --with-macosx-version-min=10.6 --with-mac --with-opengl --with-png=builtin --with-jpeg=builtin --with-tiff=builtin --with-expat=builtin
make
sudo make install

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 11:43:02 am »

Offline Martin K.

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 09:06:49 pm »
This seems to be a little more complicated. wxwidgets doesn't compile on mountain lion, the "nighty" rev7966 crashes all the time and so on...
I will try it again when i have a little bit more time. Maybe at the next weekend.

Martin