Author Topic: The problem of my unicode version snapshot compile  (Read 7112 times)

Offline liaoya

• Single posting newcomer
The problem of my unicode version snapshot compile
« on: December 16, 2005, 02:51:47 pm »
Since I am a Chinese and I am interesting in the Unicode version particular.

I download the precompiled wxwidgets from http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/mauricio/codeblocks/ and checkout the reversion of  2005-12-15 to compile with CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp and set the $WX.

But to my surprise, the unicode codeblocks my compiled will crack after several run. And it can not be runned again. If I run the ansi version download from the above site or delete the default.conf. The unicode version can be run again.

I also find the code of keybind is not compatible with unicode, for example line 780 of keybinder.cpp(wxString usableWindows = "sciwindow cbmainwindow";). I also find that there are a lot of such codes.

I find all the precompiled codeblocks are both ansi version. I hope the unicode version can be compiled for test.

And the config value of projects, such as lib and include, are not compatible with wxWidgets. I must do a lot of tedious works when I compile the code of HEAD.

wxSmith is also not support unicode.

It is magic!

I will appreciate the snapshot support the unicode as soon as possible.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The problem of my unicode version snapshot compile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 03:13:47 pm »
But to my surprise, the unicode codeblocks my compiled will crack after several run. And it can not be runned again. If I run the ansi version download from the above site or delete the default.conf. The unicode version can be run again.
This is a known bug which is being worked on.
I also find the code of keybind is not compatible with unicode
This is also a known issue, but Keybinder will probably not last the year.
And the config value of projects, such as lib and include, are not compatible with wxWidgets. I must do a lot of tedious works when I compile the code of HEAD.
Then you are doing something wrong. The paths in the project are set in a way that applying the correct value to $WX alone will work with the standard wxWidgets release. However, if you use a non-standard setup, you can always redefine the meaning of $WX.include and $WX.lib instead of having to rewrite half of the project file. That's why it was made that way ;)

Unicode still has many issues, so no binaries are being released at the present time. Since you are particularly interested in Unicode, you could help and speed up the process though. Ask Byo if you can help with wxSmith, for example :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 03:48:02 pm »
This is a known bug which is being worked on.

I def. have this fixed as I said here:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=1660.msg12167#msg12167
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline liaoya

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 03:56:35 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

Then you are doing something wrong. The paths in the project are set in a way that applying the correct value to $WX alone will work with the standard wxWidgets release. However, if you use a non-standard setup, you can always redefine the meaning of $WX.include and $WX.lib instead of having to rewrite half of the project file. That's why it was made that way Wink

Unicode still has many issues, so no binaries are being released at the present time. Since you are particularly interested in Unicode, you could help and speed up the process though. Ask Byo if you can help with wxSmith, for example

I read the http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_wxWidgets_2.6.1_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29#Check_make_version
carefully and I also find the wxWidgets 2.62 put the compile unicode and ansi dll lib under the same directory lib\gcc_dll and the setup.h under the different directory lib\gcc_dll\mswu and lib\gcc_dl\msw. It seems different with the config of codeblocks.

Although I am a newbie, I am very happy to help to improve codeblocks.

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 04:11:33 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

Then you are doing something wrong. The paths in the project are set in a way that applying the correct value to $WX alone will work with the standard wxWidgets release. However, if you use a non-standard setup, you can always redefine the meaning of $WX.include and $WX.lib instead of having to rewrite half of the project file. That's why it was made that way Wink

Unicode still has many issues, so no binaries are being released at the present time. Since you are particularly interested in Unicode, you could help and speed up the process though. Ask Byo if you can help with wxSmith, for example

I read the http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_wxWidgets_2.6.1_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29#Check_make_version
carefully and I also find the wxWidgets 2.62 put the compile unicode and ansi dll lib under the same directory lib\gcc_dll and the setup.h under the different directory lib\gcc_dll\mswu and lib\gcc_dl\msw. It seems different with the config of codeblocks.

Although I am a newbie, I am very happy to help to improve codeblocks.

I'll post up what i had to do to make it work in a little while (from work, about to leave now). Those instructions are old and broken. :(
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline liaoya

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 09:00:18 am »
The project file in the repository is old and the WX is wxWidgets 2.61, Maybe the environment value is updated to 2.62.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 09:10:11 am by liaoya »