Author Topic: Profiler plugin : make the output window not modal ?  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Kalith

• Multiple posting newcomer
Profiler plugin : make the output window not modal ?
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:48:43 pm »
Hi,

I've been using the profiler plug-in now and then, and there is something that bugs me every single time : when I'm reading the formatted output of gprof, I cannot go back to my code and inspect it because the window is modal (interaction with C::B is impossible until the window is closed). I have to close the gprof window, browse my code, see what's in there, and if I ever want to see the profiling data again, I have to go back to 'Plugins -> Code profiler' and let it parse 'gmon.out' once more. That's an unnecessary waste of time, because the profiling window needs not be modal (or at least I don't see why it should be).

Would it be possible to change this ?

Thank you in advance.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Profiler plugin : make the output window not modal ?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:34:54 pm »
gprof has many limitation and it is not that useful, so no one bothered to improve it.

I guess it will be an easy improvement turning the dialog modeless, because now it is modal -> uses showmodal instead of show.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]