Author Topic: tabbed/cascade/floating source code windows  (Read 6095 times)

Offline jpelletier116

• Single posting newcomer
tabbed/cascade/floating source code windows
« on: June 22, 2012, 05:49:20 pm »
Hello,
I've been trying to find info on tabbed/cascaded/floating source code windows for C::B and have only found references mentioned about an upgrade that was being worked on around 2008. I have vers 10.05 and cannot find any setting where I can select floating windows. It very tedious to flip back and forth between tabs when needing to reference other files. Have floating windows been implemented and if so, how do I enable it?
Thanks,
Joe

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: tabbed/cascade/floating source code windows
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 05:57:37 pm »
You cannot have a floating editor above other editors, but you can have two different editors next to each other.

To do so you have to:
1. click-and-hold tab.
2. drag the tab to the border of the editor (a blue rectangle should be drawn to indicate you're doing something).

Hope it helps.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline carra

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 06:21:48 pm »
You cannot have a floating editor above other editors, but you can have two different editors next to each other.

To do so you have to:
1. click-and-hold tab.
2. drag the tab to the border of the editor (a blue rectangle should be drawn to indicate you're doing something).

Hope it helps.
Wow, why had I never heard of this?? :D  I had tried lots of things but I had only been able to split 2 views for a same file. However, for me it works just dragging, without using Tab at all. Moreover, if I try to press Tab, it ends printing loads of tabs on my file!

zabzonk

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:27:53 pm »
By "Tab" he meant the editor tabs, not the tab key. Note you can do the dragging multiple times with different tabs, and that you are not limited to just side-by-side subwindows - you can create your very own version of the  Windows 2.0 tiled desktop!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:30:34 pm by Neil Butterworth »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:53:39 pm »
By "Tab" he meant the editor tabs, not the tab key. Note you can do the dragging multiple times with different tabs, and that you are not limited to just side-by-side subwindows - you can create your very own version of the  Windows 2.0 tiled desktop!
but unfortunately the layout can not be saved, or more exactly it can be saved, but not recreated due to limitations of the wxAui stuff.

Offline jpelletier116

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 07:52:07 pm »
Not exactly what I was looking for, but it get the job done. Thanks!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 09:41:09 pm »
Not exactly. You can even have more than two editors besides each other, even more -above, besides or below...
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 10:36:34 pm »
Morten: I've said floating...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]