Author Topic: Setup WASM (Open Watcom Assember) as an option?  (Read 5196 times)

Offline dfatcb

• Multiple posting newcomer
Setup WASM (Open Watcom Assember) as an option?
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:12:00 pm »
Hello,

I'm testing converting from the watcom ide to code::blocks in Windows.   The project I brought over includes some .ASM files.  When it tries to build them it looks like it's trying to use the CPP compiler instead.  I don't see any thing in where you setup the various .exe's for an assembler.  I mean it looks like it may be calling WASM (perhaps WCC did it) but it's passing all the various items and saying "Unknown option" then listing all the c compiler options.   Right click/properties of the .asm file says "Compiler variable" CPP whatever that means.

How would I set it up so the assembler gets called and parameters passed for the assembler are only for it?

Thanks!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline dfatcb

Re: Setup WASM (Open Watcom Assember) as an option?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:07:15 pm »
Thanks, I tried but now it just says:  Skipping file (no compiler program set).

I just went in to the settings / Compiler and Debugger / Other settings / Advanced Options.   Clicked the + and added ASM then change the command line macro to:
wasm $file -mf -6r -w4 -e25 -zq-q -fo=$object

I've exited / restarted / etc.. and still just says skipping.

Anyway to add items and change configured defaults (I tried setting in settings / Compiler and Debugger , but it doesn't reflect when your setting up a project so you don't know what items will be set or not, you just see when it goes to build that it's added those options along with duplicates of the project options).

Offline dfatcb

Re: Setup WASM (Open Watcom Assember) as an option?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »
Well, I had also changed the properties of the .ASM file to ASM from CPP, but put it back, however i never worked, so I took out the added ASM item, restarted everything, added back int he .asm source and it started doing the cpp compile again, so I then just added "asm" and build and it worked ... so when you change the properties of the .asm it must muck something up somewhere, even if you put it back.