Author Topic: Addition of a Sizer generates a segmentation fault  (Read 3135 times)

Offline eranon

• Almost regular
Addition of a Sizer generates a segmentation fault
« on: May 12, 2012, 06:52:09 pm »
Hello. Today I'm started my first real project using C::B svn 7932 under Windows w/ GCC/wxSmith/wxWidgets... And shortly after starting, I'm blocked because of a segmentation fault.

So, I've reduced the project to a test one with just one frame containing this :

box-sizer/panel/gridbag-sizer/[some items here or not, doesn't matter]

Well, with this minimalist layout, it continues to crash, but if I remove the GridBagSizer, it works ! So, I've tried with different type of sizers and here are the results : FlexGridSizer, GridSizer, BoxSizer, whatever be the type of sizer it generates segmentation fault as below :

Starting debugger: C:\MinGW\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname  -quiet  -args H:/test/bin/Debug/test.exe
done
Registered new type: wxString
Registered new type: STL String
Registered new type: STL Vector
Setting breakpoints
Debugger name and version: GNU gdb (GDB) 7.3
Child process PID: 5532
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
In ?? () ()
Debugger finished with status 0

So, does this crash comes from wxSmith or something else ? What to do next ? Do you have an idea ? Is it a known issue ? Could I take some precautions using sizers ? Does sizers introduce unstability ?

Attached is this minimal test project (it crashes here with BoxSizer2 and doesn't crash without it).

--
EDIT : well, just restarted project from scratch and - until now - it doesn't crash anymore (I've already added the frame structure as sizer/panel/sizer, so blocking point seems to be passed). Does-it means previous project was corrupted in a way or another ??? Here, I've just lost one day, but I would'nt like this to arrive in a middle (or end) of big project :-[
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:07:06 pm by eanon »
[Independent dev. - wxWidgets 3.0.0 under "Win 7 Pro 64-bit, C::B SVN 9435 & wxSmith, TDM64-GCC 4.7 & MSVC9" + "OS X 10.8, FSF GCC 4.7 & C::B SVN 8909"]