Author Topic: The most recent nightly for OpenSuse 11.4 64bit crash on start  (Read 10364 times)

Offline rialmat

• Multiple posting newcomer
I added a new repository, which is http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/tools:/ide/openSUSE_11.4/, on my computer. And the installation completed without any problems. But when I try to start codeblocks, it crashes. The error is as follows:

Initialize EditColourSet .....
Initialize EditColourSet: done.
Loading toolbar...
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
and wxRichTextCtrl used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6).

It seems the wxWidget library installed on my computer isn't compatible with 2.4.  How do I work around this?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The most recent nightly for OpenSuse 11.4 64bit crash on start
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 11:51:16 am »
I'm sorry, you have to ask the maintainers if the repo, it's not done by us, and we can not do anything here.

Offline rialmat

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 12:09:25 pm »
Then how do I get the nightly which is tailored for Opensuse 11.4 and supported by you guys?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 12:11:00 pm »
There is no such thing, because there is no developer actively using Suse.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline rialmat

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 12:15:52 pm »
So does that mean I cannot use nightly on Opensuse? Or, do you have any nightlies that can be used on distributions other than Ubuntu?

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 02:25:10 pm »
Hi,

I use OpenSuSE 12.1 64 bit version. I use c::b as self compiled from svn. look into the web page of c::b, the instructions to instal from svn source are very easy to follow and it works like a charm. I am no professional developer and I managed to download, compile and use the svn version. The only thing you have to get right is which wx package to instal. My installation only worked with the libwx_baseu_ ... libraries, not with the wxGtk package, zypper offers you.
Just install everything that begins with libwx_ and I think you will be fine.

regards

frithjofh
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline rialmat

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 05:14:57 pm »
Hi,

I use OpenSuSE 12.1 64 bit version. I use c::b as self compiled from svn. look into the web page of c::b, the instructions to instal from svn source are very easy to follow and it works like a charm. I am no professional developer and I managed to download, compile and use the svn version. The only thing you have to get right is which wx package to instal. My installation only worked with the libwx_baseu_ ... libraries, not with the wxGtk package, zypper offers you.
Just install everything that begins with libwx_ and I think you will be fine.

regards

frithjofh

Is your c::b a nightly or the released version? I already have version 10.05 installed on my computer. Now I just wanna try out the nightly.

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 06:32:02 pm »
Is your c::b a nightly or the released version? I already have version 10.05 installed on my computer. Now I just wanna try out the nightly.

I use c::b as self compiled from svn.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline rialmat

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 10:52:45 am »

I use c::b as self compiled from svn.

I'm new to codeblocks, so I'm not quite sure about what you were trying to say by merely quoting those two lines. I've already installed the stable version by
building the source code. But what I want to do now is to try out the latest nightly of C::B. The OS I'm using is Opensuse 11.4 64bit, and I'm wondering where I can
download the latest nightly that can run on my computer(to my knowledge it seems most of the nightlies are for windows and Ubuntu users) . So again,  where
can I download the latest NIGHTLY(in the form of binary, rpm or source code) that CAN run on my computer?

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 11:36:02 am »
OK, I think I get the idea now, seems we have misunderstood each other. You want a package, a rpm or something. I presume you want this in order to distribute code::blocks among other computers/user as a "click and install" option?

I'm afraid I never saw any very recent ready-made package for SuSE systems. I wouldn't need one neither, so I'll never try to generate a package. I'm afraid, if you want one, you have to try yourself with some tool like rpmcheck or so(I don't quite remember the name of the tool). And if you achieve, it would be very nice of you putting the rpm somewhere on the net...

Sorry I couldn't really help you,

regards

frithjofh
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 03:11:59 pm »
I do not know if my idea will be ok or not, but with Debian, we have a package which allow us to manage rpm files.
Maybe you can check if suse have something to play with deb files?

On the "rpm" description in aptitude, I also have seen a reference to a software named "alien" which seem to allow to convert LSB, Red Hat, Stampede and Slackware packages in Debian's one. It also seem to be able to generate packages in previously cited packages. Maybe this could be an idea.

I also know that there is somewhere something to unify all our package systems. Does not remember the name however. Maybe you could check in your package manager if you can find something like that.

Another solution could be to simply untar the deb you can find on jens's repo.
deb files are just archives, so you can next move files where they can be detected by system. The problem is that this is not automated at all and a really dirty.

And if you find a suitable solution that works, please share it, maybe it could be in the wiki.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 03:34:13 pm »
Freem: Using deps on rpm base distro for an open source project is just insane...

rialmat:
1. You have to build from source
2. You have to build from source and make package. Use make dist + rpmbuild I guess, search the docs of suse.
3. Talk to the package provider what other repo packages are needed.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline rialmat

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 06:06:24 pm »
Thank you guys for the help!
I have one more question: where can I download the latest night on the DEBUGGER BRANCH?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 07:03:07 pm »
There is not such nightly anymore as the debugger branch have been merged in trunk.