Author Topic: Building SVN 7934 on CentOS 5.7  (Read 5527 times)

Offline KirkD

• Multiple posting newcomer
Building SVN 7934 on CentOS 5.7
« on: April 17, 2012, 09:52:07 pm »
Now that the debugger branch was merged in, I decided to try a rebuild.  It went mostly OK - I only had to point it to the right libraries for hunspell and gamin.  make and install seemed to go OK.

Now that I run CB, I get an error window pop up saying that some plugins could not be loaded.  Specifically, libFileManager.so and libSpellChecker.so.  Both of these files (as well as their .la) counterparts are in /usr/local/lib/codeblocks/plugins   the pop up mentions looking at the application log, but I have no idea where to find that, unless it is the stdout coming into the console window, which tells me nothing regarding these two libraries.

Any ideas??

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Building SVN 7934 on CentOS 5.7
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »
Use --debug-log command line option. Also make sure you make a clean build, by removing your old working copy and remove all files from the old installation (make uninstall isn't the best tool for the job).

If I don't forget, I'll commit my changes to the codeblocks.spec file, so an rpm package could be build out of the box, which is the best way to maintain C::B in the long run.
I'm using it at work with CentOS 5.7 and it is pretty stable (the rpm builds).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline KirkD

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:27:29 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply!

Nothing in the log suggests anything is wrong.  The entire file consists of successful plugin loads.  I don't see SpellChecker or FileManager even mentioned, however.

As for the various libraries, etc. All files have the correct time stamp.  It would be obvious if any were old since my last rebuild was before the debugger and code completion branches were branched.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 10:42:53 pm »
Try to start C::B from console with the -v parameter.

Offline KirkD

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »
Nothing different in the log file, but I do see this in the console window:

(codeblocks:12579): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget: assertion `GTK_IS_MENU (menu)' failed

(codeblocks:12579): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 18 and height -17

(codeblocks:12579): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type `(null)' in cast to `GtkRadioMenuItem'

(codeblocks:12579): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_radio_menu_item_get_group: assertion `GTK_IS_RADIO_MENU_ITEM (radio_menu_item)' failed

(codeblocks:12579): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type `<invalid>' in cast to `GtkRadioMenuItem'

(codeblocks:12579): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_radio_menu_item_get_group: assertion `GTK_IS_RADIO_MENU_ITEM (radio_menu_item)' failed

Also, I get a dialog box with this error:

/usr/local/lib/codeblocks/plugins/libSpellChecker.so: undefined symbol:  _ZN8Hunsepll5spellEPKcPiPPc

Offline KirkD

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:42:16 pm »
Short update - the build went fine on Fedora 15 after installing gamin-devel  The only odd thing is that the splash screen and the initial screen show build "0" instead of 7934.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 06:00:44 pm »
Short update - the build went fine on Fedora 15 after installing gamin-devel  The only odd thing is that the splash screen and the initial screen show build "0" instead of 7934.

The following is true for Windows builds
   If the SVN command is not installed or not visible (in the system path) the build shows as "0"

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 10:38:40 pm »
If the SVN command is not installed or not visible (in the system path) the build shows as "0"
The same happens if the sources are not a svn working copy.