Author Topic: (solved)How can I export/import the abbreviations?  (Read 5545 times)

Offline HighDarkTemplar

• Single posting newcomer
(solved)How can I export/import the abbreviations?
« on: April 17, 2012, 09:34:49 pm »
Hello everyone!
I'm in the situation that I'm programming on my desktop but a few days a week I have to do it away from home and therefore use my laptop.  Since I'm beginning to get a handful of abbreviations I'd like to be able to transfer them between my desktop and my laptop. Only the abbreviations, not any other configuration. I've searched through the code::blocks folder and my application data but I couldn't find anything. I also tried searching the web but I couldn't find the answer there either (I'm no professional at searching, so it might be my googling skills).

Edit: I found it, it's in the default.conf file, you'll find it if you search for AUTO_COMPLETE. It's in plaintext but it has some fancy formatting. The cb_share_config utility should fix the rest.

Best Regards
-HighDarkTemplar
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:06:47 pm by HighDarkTemplar »

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
Re: (solved)How can I export/import the abbreviations?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:16:18 pm »
1 small detail which I've experienced before that's needed to be added in case you are using tabs in ur abbreviations. If you are using the option 'use spaces instead of tabs' in ur editor, CB also inserts spaces into the config file replacing tab characters amongst the abbreviations and ur tabs get lost or get replaced with spaces. That option is default with a new CB installation so if you are a tab user, don't forget to disable spaces before copying abbreviations.

Offline HighDarkTemplar

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:23:56 pm »
It's good with such comments, but where do you find the "Use spaces instead of tabs" in the editor? Also, the more we get here, the better for future people who asks the same question!

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 07:00:48 am »
It's 'Use TAB character' under 'Settings->Editor->General settings->Editor settings->TAB options'. I must have mixed it with something else, sry for that. ;)