Author Topic: SVN trunk bild  (Read 4982 times)

Offline MasterAlexei

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Fun electronic
SVN trunk bild
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:12:09 pm »
Hello all,
I am trying to build CB from trunk, did try to build revs  7929 7927 7917, against wx2.8.10
They are not building.
How the people can build them? What needs to be set to make build?
One of error is that the file #include "editors.h" cannot be found in props.h
Ok. I did added the include path with triangle braces in more than 5 such places.
Also I did added include pathes into cbp file for the boost, because of tr1/memory include
Then I get a linker errors, that i cannot find something, listed here http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,16178.msg109270.html#msg109270

How can I build it?

I did update my MinGW to the latest available, also - didn't help
Also I tried to build win wx2.9.3 the same result, but the errors are a little bit different.
Thanks in advance,

Alexei

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: SVN trunk bild
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:27:32 pm »
Works flawlessly here, on windows and linux.

If you use wx2.9, use the appropriate project-file.
Buildiing of the most contrib plugins will not work with wx2.9.

Make sure the old pch-files (src/iclude/*.gch) are removed.
Since several revisisions they will be build inside th .objs-folder (if you build C::B with the cbp-files), but (MinGW-)gcc will pick-up the files from src/include if they still exist.

Offline MasterAlexei

• Fun electronic
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 05:34:17 pm »
Yes, for wx2.9.3 I used appropriate project file.

Now I did checked out clean svn rev 7929 (in a separate dir), and started build against wx2.8.10 with the CodeBlocks.cbp file.

I did get following errors:

I did not modify wx's since this version (2.8.10) was released (I mean - I did not do anything with that dir of wx's )

Code
-------------- Build: wxpropgrid in Code::Blocks wx2.8.x ---------------

Target is up to date.
[100.0%] Running target pre-build steps
build_tools/autorevision/autorevision +wx +int +t . include/autorevision.h

-------------- Build: sdk in Code::Blocks wx2.8.x ---------------

Target is up to date.

-------------- Build: src in Code::Blocks wx2.8.x ---------------

[100.0%] mingw32-g++.exe -Lbase\tinyxml -LD:\Soft\SDKs\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll -Ldevel  -o devel\codeblocks.exe .objs\src\app.o .objs\src\appglobals.o .objs\src\associations.o .objs\src\backtracedlg.o .objs\src\breakpointsdlg.o .objs\src\compilersettingsdlg.o .objs\src\cpuregistersdlg.o .objs\src\crashhandler.o .objs\src\debugger_interface_creator.o .objs\src\debuggermenu.o .objs\src\debuggersettingscommonpanel.o .objs\src\debuggersettingsdlg.o .objs\src\debuggersettingspanel.o .objs\src\disassemblydlg.o .objs\src\dlgabout.o .objs\src\dlgaboutplugin.o .objs\src\environmentsettingsdlg.o .objs\src\examinememorydlg.o .objs\src\infopane.o .objs\src\main.o .objs\src\notebookstyles.o .objs\src\printdlg.o .objs\src\scriptconsole.o .objs\src\scriptingsettingsdlg.o .objs\src\splashscreen.o .objs\src\startherepage.o .objs\src\switcherdlg.o .objs\src\threadsdlg.o .objs\src\watchesdlg.o  .objs\src\resources\resources.res  -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--no-undefined  -lcodeblocks -lwxpropgrid -lshfolder -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lcomctl32 -lodbc32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lwxmsw28u  -mwindows
.objs\src\app.o: In function `wxMemoryFSHandler':
D:/Soft/SDKs/wxWidgets-2.8.10/include/wx/fs_mem.h:67: undefined reference to `_imp___ZTV17wxMemoryFSHandler'
.objs\src\app.o: In function `~wxMemoryFSHandler':
D:/Soft/SDKs/wxWidgets-2.8.10/include/wx/fs_mem.h:67: undefined reference to `_imp___ZTV17wxMemoryFSHandler'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 9 seconds)
2 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 9 seconds)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:36:29 pm by MasterAlexei »

Offline MasterAlexei

• Fun electronic
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 05:39:33 pm »
Can it be, that if I did build another build type of wx's (shared, debug, ansi) as last one the build process of wxWidgets stores the (wrong for CB) setup and the CB build process try to use it?

PS. I have several builds types of wxWidgets on my PC.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:50:48 pm »
@MasterAlexei:

I got the same error as you got on "wxMemoryFSHandler" but, I assumed it was a Compiler mismatch issue.
(I guessed it was using SJLJ and DW2 GCC build issue.)

Are you sure you used the same version/build MinGW GCC to build the wxWidget's Library and Code::Blocks.

I never was able to confirm the cause; but, It work for me with 2.8 branch using TDM SJLJ 4.6.1 GCC.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline MasterAlexei

• Fun electronic
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 05:53:22 pm »
O. May be that is problem source. I'll try to use the old one, with which I did compile the wx's

Offline MasterAlexei

• Fun electronic
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »
It seems to me totally strange.
With MinGW 3.4.5 wx's compiles in about 1 minute without any problems,
but with the MinGW 4.6.1 and 4.6.2 wx's compiles about 20 minutes and on linkage stage it aborted with a message, that memory is exhausted.
But the problem then with MinGW 3.4.5 the CB does not compiles, it throws an error:

Code
[ 12.5%] mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DCB_PRECOMP -DWX_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE  -DWXMAKINGDLL_PROPGRID -DwxPG_USE_WXMODULE=0 -DwxPG_SUPPORT_TOOLTIPS    -I.objs\include -I- -I.objs\include -I. -ID:\Soft\SDKs\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include -ID:\Soft\SDKs\wxWidgets-2.8.10\\contrib\include -ID:\Soft\SDKs\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Isdk\wxpropgrid\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Isdk\wxpropgrid\include -Iinclude -ID:\Soft\SDKs\CodeBlocksSVN\src\sdk\wxpropgrid\src -ID:\Soft\SDKs\CodeBlocksSVN\src -c D:\Soft\SDKs\CodeBlocksSVN\src\sdk\wxpropgrid\src\editors.cpp -o .objs\sdk\wxpropgrid\src\editors.o
cc1plus.exe: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead
In file included from D:\Soft\SDKs\CodeBlocksSVN\src\sdk\wxpropgrid\src\editors.cpp:63:0:
sdk\wxpropgrid\include/wx/propgrid/props.h:19:21: fatal error: editors.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

What I am doing wrong?
During the compilation of the wx's there is only MinGW/bin directory in a path, in both cases.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 11:50:32 pm »
It seems to me totally strange.
With MinGW 3.4.5 wx's compiles in about 1 minute without any problems,
but with the MinGW 4.6.1 and 4.6.2 wx's compiles about 20 minutes and on linkage stage it aborted with a message, that memory is exhausted.
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15283.0.html
CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport"

Offline MasterAlexei

• Fun electronic
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 12:28:53 am »
Thanks, Alpha, it does work, and I was able to build the wx's.
But CB still does not builds because of the include files, that are missing

Actually the files are on the place, but this header was included from other .c file in other dir, but this header includes the editors.h file in the same dir as the header, but not the .c file, which includes the first header. Thus the quotas must be substitute with the triangle braces with some path. And this is not the only one place in CB Project.

That is why I do not understand, why other users are able to compile the CB, and I - not.

Code
[ 11.1%] mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DCB_PRECOMP -DWX_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE  -DWXMAKINGDLL_PROPGRID -DwxPG_USE_WXMODULE=0 -DwxPG_SUPPORT_TOOLTIPS    -I.objs\include -I- -I.objs\include -I. -ID:\Soft\SDKs\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include -ID:\Soft\SDKs\wxWidgets-2.8.10\\contrib\include -ID:\Soft\SDKs\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Isdk\wxpropgrid\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Isdk\wxpropgrid\include -Iinclude -ID:\Soft\SDKs\CodeBlocksSVN\src\sdk\wxpropgrid\src -ID:\Soft\SDKs\CodeBlocksSVN\src -c D:\Soft\SDKs\CodeBlocksSVN\src\sdk\wxpropgrid\src\editors.cpp -o .objs\sdk\wxpropgrid\src\editors.o
cc1plus.exe: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead
In file included from D:\Soft\SDKs\CodeBlocksSVN\src\sdk\wxpropgrid\src\editors.cpp:63:0:
sdk\wxpropgrid\include/wx/propgrid/props.h:19:21: fatal error: editors.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Tomorrow I'll try to fix this include issues, and will report here, if I was successful with the build.

Offline MasterAlexei

• Fun electronic
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 10:56:08 am »
So. I did fix my dev Environment. It looks like that in a PATH variable MinGW must be as first one, and, if it possible - no cygwin dirs in path, then everything is compiling without a problems.
Ah, and this switch must be used too, when compiling wx's: CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport" (Thanks Alpha)

Now I can investigate my issue further (described here http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,16178.msg109263.html#msg109263).
This thread can be closed, I think.