Author Topic: Does anyone has problems with the Code Statistics plugin?  (Read 4025 times)

Offline GPBeta

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • Just a Baka
    • StudioGPBeta
Does anyone has problems with the Code Statistics plugin?
« on: March 14, 2012, 03:09:31 pm »
i'm both new in develping, CB & this forum, so i'm very desired to get helps here :)

it's a problem with the code statistics plugin that it is not able to recognize all the cpp file in my projects.however, it has no problems with other files such as header files.
i have check about the settings of it in the setting panel, and, even reset to the default setting.but all these do not help :(

this problem comes to me since a release of nighly build which i don't remember exactly, but i'm sure that the plugin works perfectly in the stable version cb.

can anyone help me? thanks a lot!!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Does anyone has problems with the Code Statistics plugin?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 03:21:56 pm »
If you're on windows you can get the older nightly builds from the project's page on berlios.de

Then you can use binary search to find the first nightly build where this bug first started to appear
Here is the link to the project's files: http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5358

The other option is to provide simple test project and exact steps to reproduce the bug.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 03:36:06 pm »
Hmmm... works just fine here, even on large scale projects.

Without a better explanation (What files are skipped? How do you know?) and sample case to reproduce I guess there is nothing we can do. Sorry.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline GPBeta

• Just a Baka
    • StudioGPBeta
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 06:15:32 pm »
Hmmm... works just fine here, even on large scale projects.

Without a better explanation (What files are skipped? How do you know?) and sample case to reproduce I guess there is nothing we can do. Sorry.
thanks for your reply!
as I mentioned in this post, all the *.cpp are slipped by the plugin while the *.h and some other file. types are counted correctly (both cpp,h,etc. are in an active project )
this problem first happened to me few months ago when i was going to update my nightly build of cb, and i am still confused with it in the recently builds.

first when i meet this problem, i found that the number of line counting was totally different from
what the code statistics plugin shown …so i tried  to change the settings of the plugin, but when i removed all the suffix types from the setting panel & only  left " cpp" in it, i was told that there's nofiles in the project  while source files were actually lying on the active project already.

Offline GPBeta

• Just a Baka
    • StudioGPBeta
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 06:19:53 pm »
If you're on windows you can get the older nightly builds from the project's page on berlios.de

Then you can use binary search to find the first nightly build where this bug first started to appear
Here is the link to the project's files: http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5358

The other option is to provide simple test project and exact steps to reproduce the bug.
i am on a 64bit windows 2k3 system, and i'll try it tomorrow, thank you very much

Offline GPBeta

• Just a Baka
    • StudioGPBeta
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:24:58 am »
Problem solved.

i download the cb 10.05 and open my projects again, but i am still not going to get rid of the problem.
but if i new a class and add to an active project, both the new cpp & h files are counted as before. however, what i use "add files..." command to add files to my projects are still skipped by the code statistics plugin

finally, i find out the reason leads to this problem... that is code statistics doesn't support the encoding which is UTF-8 WITH BOM of my project files... & some of the source files i added into my project are encoding in utf-8 with bom..

however, thank you all a lot!  :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:12:01 am by gpbeta »