Author Topic: automatically executing a .bat file at rebuild  (Read 5626 times)

Offline hckr83

• Multiple posting newcomer
automatically executing a .bat file at rebuild
« on: January 08, 2006, 04:18:44 am »
Is there anyway to automatically execute a batch file to do things like copy my kernel to a floppy

and one more thing
is there a way to when i click run have it execute a bochs configuration file, so it launches my virtual machine instead of tryign to open the .bin file

edit:
also is there a way to control the order of linking such as, i need asm.o to be linked first or startup.o to be linked first(both will work) but instead it does everything by linking according to date added
edit2:
figred out the problem of order of linking.
appearently the LOWER the priority the sooner it is linked, which too me it should be the higher the priority but anyway
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 05:47:56 am by hckr83 »

Offline Urxae

• Regular
Re: automatically executing a .bat file at rebuild
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 12:22:17 pm »
Is there anyway to automatically execute a batch file to do things like copy my kernel to a floppy

Project -> Build options -> tab "Commands". Can be set at the project or target level.

and one more thing
is there a way to when i click run have it execute a bochs configuration file, so it launches my virtual machine instead of tryign to open the .bin file

Project -> Set programs' arguments. I think setting the host application to run bochs should do what you want, though it's usually used for libraries :).

Offline hckr83

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: automatically executing a .bat file at rebuild
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 03:30:33 pm »
well that works!
but a pause command freezes up codeblocks

but the host program thing don't work completely
it only works when i do that to the library portion and when i have a temporary batch file to execute the bxrc file
on the binary making target changing it does nothing

but it works much better than what i am doing