Author Topic: Any way to extend the "build target" select box  (Read 3477 times)

Offline teto

• Almost regular
Any way to extend the "build target" select box
« on: February 29, 2012, 07:33:23 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering if there were any script I could modify - if it's not hardcoded - to change the size of the build target select box. I compile libraries with rather long target names and I can't distinguish between the targets. Or maybe display the full target name elsewhere, for example in the main title bar before "codeblocks svn build". When you have several projects open, it could help knowing which one is active.

Btw I noticed  that with several projects opened, if you have a file belonging to one of the project you can't right click on its tab and choose "Add to active project" even if the active project doesn't have this file.

Anyway thank you a lot for your work, Codeblocks has been more and more enjoyable those past years.

nb: I use nightlies.

Offline p2rkw

• Almost regular
Re: Any way to extend the "build target" select box
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:00:00 pm »
Yea, c::b is great :) Sure u can change size of this bar. In main CB directory go to share\CodeBlocks extract compiler.zip wherever you want, and change just extracted file: "compiler_toolbar.xrc" or "compiler_toolbar_16x16.xrc" :

Code
<object class="wxChoice" name="idToolTarget">
      <content/>
 <size>136,-1</size>
    </object>
You need to change size value '136' to greater. Then pack all files in directory to file compiler.zip and move this file to share\CodeBlocks
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:04:16 pm by p2rkw »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:31:41 pm »
You need to change size value '136' to greater. Then pack all files in directory to file compiler.zip and move this file to share\CodeBlocks
Hmmm... good catch! Actually I was just abut to say you need to compile C::B yourself, but that should do it, indeed!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 11:15:25 am »
Indeed it worked great. Many thanks.