Author Topic: wx/msw/wx.rc no such file or directory [SOLVED]  (Read 10993 times)

Offline mudgler

• Single posting newcomer
wx/msw/wx.rc no such file or directory [SOLVED]
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:04:23 am »
Hey there, have tried to search for another post regarding this but the results come up with too many "file" posts.

I have installed codeblocks on a win7 machine.

I have installed wxwidgets in c:/program files/wxwidgets2.8

I am trying to get started with the "Hello World" tutorial  from http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=WxSmith_tutorial:_Hello_world

Global variable editor base value for wx is pointing to the wxwidgets director as above.

However, every time I try to compile i get error: wx/msw/wx.rc no such file or directory

I have searched the codeblocks and wxwidgets directories and can't find wx.rc anywhere.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:45:07 am by mudgler »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: wx/msw/wx.rc no such file or directory
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 05:21:31 am »
I have installed wxwidgets in c:/program files/wxwidgets2.8
One thing I can suggest is that you should put the wx library in a directory which do not have spaces.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline mudgler

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 07:12:41 am »
Ahh, thanks for that suggestion, have had that issue with other things like WAMP.

Reinstalled to /wxwidgets, changed base value in Global Variable Editor.

No joy  :P

But then again, there is no wx directroy in the base wswidget install directory, maybe it digs deeper.  There are /lib/gcc_dll/wx/ and others under /lib/ but none of them have /wx/msw/wx.rc (or any rc files) anyway.

Frustrating.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:17:58 am by mudgler »

Offline mudgler

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:44:54 am »
OK, I found a solution, just had to be willing to dig deeper than page 1 of google :P

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=9959.0

I think reinstalling helped.  Then I went into project >  build options > search directories and removed all entries pointing to original install