Author Topic: wxScintilla included in wxWidgets 2.9  (Read 6364 times)

Offline jimp

• Multiple posting newcomer
wxScintilla included in wxWidgets 2.9
« on: February 20, 2012, 03:47:12 am »
I was using the project file CodeBlocks_wx29.cbp to compile using wxWidgets 2.9.3. I noticed that the wxscintilla source code is being compiled to create a static library, libwxscintilla_cb.a. I don’t know if you are aware of it, but wxscintilla is included in the 2.9 release. Compiling the wxWidgets DLL creates a libwxscintilla.a you can link against. It is included by default with the option USE_STC=1 (in config.gcc).

Also MinGW release 4.6.2 will compile wxWidgets 2.9.3 WITHOUT changes to config.gcc. It also compiles in a reasonable time, about 40 minutes on my machine. It will NOT compile 2.8.12 without the config.gcc changes however. WxWidgets could have made changes to 2.9.3, like removing some inline dll exports.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: wxScintilla included in wxWidgets 2.9
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 05:58:38 am »
The wxScintilla version we use is patched at many, many places to fit our needs, that's wy we use our own library.
It's static, because some (many) linux distros do not allow to package libraries, that already exist on the system a second time.

Offline jimp

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »
Is your patched library available for download? A copy of the compiled libraries would save a lot of effort. MinGW and the current wxWidgets source code don't woek well together.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 04:49:44 pm »
Is your patched library available for download? A copy of the compiled libraries would save a lot of effort.
Sure - it's part of every C::B release, sources are in SVN (as usual).

MinGW and the current wxWidgets source code don't woek well together.
Well - we work with it every day, so I wonder what makes you say this...
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ