Author Topic: Using Code::Blocks to compile for ARM9 (PandaBoard)  (Read 25102 times)

Offline dragondgold

• Single posting newcomer
Using Code::Blocks to compile for ARM9 (PandaBoard)
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:20:52 pm »
Hello ! I am new here, I am from Argentina, my name is Andrés. I recently bought a PandaBoard and i have Ubuntu running on it. I would like to start developing my own aplications on my Windows computer. I havent found anything to install ARM Compiler on Windows, I also was investigating and read something about "cross-compiler" for wxWidgets can anyone explain me that ?
I would like some information, help, to compile and debug ARM programs on Windows any information is very usefull to me :)

Thanks you and sorry my bad English :)

Andres

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
Re: Using Code::Blocks to compile for ARM9 (PandaBoard)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 05:38:30 am »
You should consult an ARM forum for this. This forum is only for CodeBlocks related matters. Try googling "yagarto" or "code sourcery".

Offline dragondgold

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 06:39:19 pm »
Heem i think it is in the correct forum (sorry if it isnt) because i want to know how can i setup Code::Blocks to cross-compile whit GCC ARM compiler if anyone could help me :)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 07:28:25 pm »
Read this link http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_a_supported_compiler#Compiler-neutral_setup_steps
If you do NOT know how to configure the CB Compiler toolchain ask a good question about what you do NOT understand.
STATE: The name and version of the Compiler and the folder it was installed into.
STATE: The Code::Blocks version.

And, turn on Full Compiler Logging after you get your Compiler Configuration setup up right inside of Code::Blocks.
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline dragondgold

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 07:02:09 am »
Ok sorry, you are right, I apologise.
I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and my Code::Blocks version is 10.05. I would like to know how I can install an ARM Toolchain to work whit Code::Blocks on Ubuntu. Can I install any toolchain like this:

http://www.oliverbehr.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50:building-a-gnu-arm-toolchain&catid=39&Itemid=73

And then set it up to work whit Code::Blocks ?

Thanks you very much :)

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:55:28 am »
CodeBlocks already supports GNU ARM toolchain, it should work if u just point to the right executables in the compiler config of CB.

Offline dragondgold

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:29:54 pm »
Ok thanks you :) I have installed ARM Tool-Chain from Ubuntu repository named gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi, but Code::Blocks doesnt detect GCC ARM Compiler, how i set it up ?

Thanks you :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:09:23 pm by dragondgold »

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 06:22:54 pm »
Try googling "yagarto" or "code sourcery".

Offline Lost_Byte

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 10:24:23 am »
Ok thanks you :) I have installed ARM Tool-Chain from Ubuntu repository named gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi, but Code::Blocks doesnt detect GCC ARM Compiler, how i set it up ?

Thanks you :)

Ubuntu is a good distributive, but with some non-standart solutions. Probably your gcc-arm installed to another path than C::B looking for.
Lokate your complier executables end set property path in C::B Main-menu>settings>"Compiler and debugger">"ToolChain Executables"[Tab]>"Compiler's installation dirrectory", and check if executable names is correct in fields below.