Author Topic: wxAUI through wxSmith Problems  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Omegaclawe

• Single posting newcomer
wxAUI through wxSmith Problems
« on: January 04, 2012, 06:18:51 pm »
So... I got wxWidgets' latest stable installed (2.8.12), and am running on the latest Code::Blocks stable (10.05)... or at least, the latest stables since I last checked about a month ago. Anyway, I got all that going, and started playing around with wxSmith. Everything seemed to work as intended.

Then I discovered wxAUI, which did many of the things I really wanted my eventual program to do. However, when I tried to compile a simple test of wxAUI I threw together in wxSmith, I got errors up the wazoo. Simplifying it down to the basic wxSmith Frame construct with a wxAUImanager haphazardly thrown on, I got the following error:
Code
||=== IDE, Debug ===|
obj\Debug\[[filename goes here]].o||In function `[[name]]Frame':|
C:\[[file path goes here]].cpp|66|undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxAuiManagerC1EP8wxWindowj'|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|
I have the thing set up to use DLL's, and have placed the DLL's in the proper location (everything else works), though I get very similar errors for everything related to wxAUI. And only wxAUI. This strikes me as a likely problem with my configuration, but I have no idea where to look. The aui .h files are in their proper locations, Code::Blocks knows where to look for them, etc.

I have not modified the base code created by wxSmith in any way, so I don't feel it necessary to post the files here. Does anybody have any idea what could have gone wrong?

Additional:
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
Compiler: MinGW 4.5.2 (For both wxWidgets and current project)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: wxAUI through wxSmith Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:24:40 pm »
Two possiblities:
1. you have no wxaui in your wxwidgets build (check your setup.h file)
2. you're not linking to the wxaui library if you've build wxwidgets in non-monolithic mode
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Omegaclawe

• Single posting newcomer
Re: wxAUI through wxSmith Problems
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 08:29:36 pm »
It was the latter, thanks!

I thought Code::blocks was going to do that for me with the wizard and wot... ah well.