Author Topic: New to Code::Blocks - WxWidgets Problem  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Arthur Dent

• Single posting newcomer
New to Code::Blocks - WxWidgets Problem
« on: January 02, 2012, 12:12:02 pm »
Hello All,

I am just a casual hobbyist programmer. I have installed Code::Blocks having previously used KDevelop which is a bit OTT for my needs. I want to do some simple (very simple!) cross-platform C++ GUI apps.

I have installed Code::Blocks on my Fedora 16 machine which has the gcc toolchain already in place.
I have installed wxGTK and wxGTK-devel using yum.

When I try to compile a simple Hello World test project using wxsmith I get the following error:
fatal error: wx/app.h: No such file or directory

I'm sure I have left out a simple configuration step, but I can't for the life of me work out where...

Thank you in advance for any help and support.

Mark

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: New to Code::Blocks - WxWidgets Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 05:09:02 pm »
Do you have the devel packages for wxWidgets?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 05:28:28 pm »
wxGTK-devel is the development package.
Do you have wx-config on your system ?
Type
Code
wx-config --list

Output should be something like:
Code
    Default config is gtk2-unicode-release-2.8

Default config will be used for output

Alternate matches:
    base-unicode-release-2.8

If you don't have wx-config, you have to install the appropriate package (I don't know, which one it is on fedora).

And if C::B was open after the first try (while installing the package including wx-config), you have to restart it (C::B) !

Offline Arthur Dent

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:54:42 pm »
Hi Chaps,

Apologies for my slow reply to your rapid ones, but real-life got in the way I'm afraid.

And if C::B was open after the first try (while installing the package including wx-config), you have to restart it (C::B) !

Ooops! I think that was the problem - or at least I think I needed to logout and back in again after installing the extra packages. After I had done that everything seems to work just fine.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the noise. I'm off to try to play with C::B now!
Thanks again.

Mark