Author Topic: DoxyBlocks not generating docs  (Read 9630 times)

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
DoxyBlocks not generating docs
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:20:36 pm »
I have been trying to use the DoxyBlocks plugin to generate documentation, however, when I press "Extract documentation" it reports:
Code
Extracting documentation for StringTools.
DoxyBlocks is working, please wait a few moments...
Found existing doxyfile...
Success.
Your documents are in: C:\Lib\StringTools\doxygen\

Done.
but the only file in C:\Lib\StringTools\doxygen\ is doxyfile (no documentation is produced).
If I run doxygen command-line, it works fine (producing html).

Is there a setting I am missing?

(I have doxygen version 1.7.5.1 and Code::Blocks svn r7632 on Windows XP and Windows Vista 32 bit.)

Offline Derjik

• Single posting newcomer
  • I like trains.
Re: DoxyBlocks not generating docs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 08:32:21 pm »
Hi,

I'm having (exactly) the same issue, and I can't find what I've done wrong...
Doxywizard ran successfully, I've got a valid doxyfile in my doxygen output directory, but Ctrl+Alt+E / DoxyBlocks>Extract Documentation do absolutely nothing.
And it shows the same message than Alpha quoted above...

Thanks by advance for any help o/
Computer Science student, Windows 7 & GNU/Linux Debian user, programming novice and stuff.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 08:44:31 pm »
Derjik: What cb version/os are you running?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Derjik

• I like trains.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 12:01:56 am »
oBFusCATed: I'm running C::B 12.11 on Windows 7.
The most intriguing fact is that:
-My doxyfile IS valid (I can extract the documentation _via_ the doxywizard in the Run tab)
-DoxyBlocks seems to find it, but does -strictly- nothing...

Should I try with a nightly build ?
Computer Science student, Windows 7 & GNU/Linux Debian user, programming novice and stuff.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 01:24:17 am »
Should I try with a nightly build ?
There is no nightly newer than 12.11, so no.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Derjik

• I like trains.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 01:26:41 am »
Oh, okay :(

So, what should I try/check/configure ? As I said, I can't find what I've missed in the configuration :(

EDIT: I talked with some friends of mine today, and they're experiencing the exact same issue.
Ctrl+Alt+E (or DoxyBlocks>Extract Documentation) creates (or reads) a doxyfile, but does nothing else...
Thx by advance for any further help o/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:17:29 pm by Derjik »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:52:48 pm »
Can you provide a simple project that can be used to reproduce the problem?
I'm not using doxygen, so I can't debug the problem directly.

Offline Derjik

• I like trains.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 12:19:30 am »
Here it is. :)

(okay the code is ridiculously useless, but: [1] everything works fine via DoxyWizard; [2] "Extract Documentation" detects the doxyfile, and... nothing happens.)

Thanks again :)

EDIT: Gawd...
I just downloaded my (own) zip, extracted it on my desktop (in a new folder, just to test it...), and __NOW__ Ctrl Alt E works... confusing and embarrassing ><
Maybe it only works if my project is on C:, then... (yes, I forgot to say I work in a "data" partition (D:), and my OS+programs are in C:)

EDIT2: Ooookay. Now I extracted the same project in another folder on my D: partition, and DoxyBlocks doesn't extract anything at all.
Temporary conclusion: The "Ctrl + Alt + E" / "DoxyBlocks > Extract Documentation" feature does only work if your project is located on the same partition than... C::B, or Doxygen, I don't know. Maybe it only works in C:, strictly.
I won't transfer my project on C:, because we have good reasons to separate user data from system & programs, but at least I "know" what does precisely not work.

Thank you for your clues on it. Shall I (we?) do a bug report ?
If so, where should we post it ? :x
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:32:27 am by Derjik »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 12:45:57 am »
Hm, do you have spaces or other special characters in the path on D:?

Unfortunately this sounds like a windows issue and I'm running linux, so I can't help.
You'll have to wait for a windows dev to come up and try to reproduce it and try to fix it.
Or you can try to find the reason yourself, by compiling C::B and using a debugger to debug it :)

Offline Derjik

• I like trains.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 08:06:55 am »
The project was under a "Mes Documents" (yes, I'm french :3) folder, and when I managed to have it in a path without spaces, DoxyBlocks worked fine.

So you're right, special characters prevent DoxyBlocks from generating docs (but it can still "read" the doxyfile, strangely).

EDIT: I finally managed to rename "Mes Documents" to "Mes_Documents" and everything works fine now :)
Thanks for the help, anyway :D

(I think I'll explain the "bug" on the DoxyBlocks thread later)(and try to find the bug origin after finishing the school project I'm working on)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:04:34 pm by Derjik »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 09:24:56 pm »
OK, I was able to reproduce the problem on linux, too.
I'll see if I can get it fixed.

But there is another problem, the doxygen config file is unusable on linux, because the INPUT variable is specified using windows directory separators '\' instead of '/'.
Can you try to replace '\' with '/' in the paths and try to run doxygen on windows to see if it works?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 09:47:14 pm »

Offline Derjik

• I like trains.
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 09:56:36 pm »
Wow, you're fast :-X

I placed '/' instead of '\' in all my input paths and file locations, and the extraction still works fine on Windows. (and the output is still coherent and conform, including cross-reference links etc.)

Also, I don't really know how (if possible) to patch a C::B plugin on Windows... (but I'm searching, so if I succeed I'll give feedback about your patch :) )

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 06:00:44 pm »
In svn and will be available in the next night build.