Author Topic: Project Tree and keys  (Read 3280 times)

Offline daniloz

• Regular
Project Tree and keys
« on: December 09, 2011, 03:19:52 pm »
Hi All,

I'm seeing a strange behavior on the project tree. I have a project with lots of files and to search for a given file that I want to open what I do is:

1- start typing the name of the file
2- after the selection (the transparent one, not the blue one) is on the file I want, I press ENTER

3 - I'd expect the file where the transparent selection is on to be opened, but instead the workspace node is collapsed.

Is this a known issue?

Fixable? I'd be glad to provide a patch if the devs would be kind enough to point me to the right direction.

A naive look into ProjectManager::OnKeyDown() reveals that only the DEL key is treated. My assumption is that all the other keys are treated by the cbTreeCtrl object itself, so the not expected behavior...

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Project Tree and keys
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 04:31:22 pm »
Is this a known issue?
Yes, I have a patch pending that would resolve this. However, this is platform dependent (due to the different native platform implementation), so it is not tested under Linux so far.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline daniloz

• Regular
Re: Project Tree and keys
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »
Is this a known issue?
Yes, I have a patch pending that would resolve this. However, this is platform dependent (due to the different native platform implementation), so it is not tested under Linux so far.
Thank you for the reply, Morten.

Unfortunately, I cannot help since I only have Win systems here... still in my plans to set up a Linux machine, but not yet done ;-)