Author Topic: Code::Blocks could not start in ubuntu 10.04  (Read 4927 times)

Offline TigerMaz

• Single posting newcomer
Code::Blocks could not start in ubuntu 10.04
« on: December 05, 2011, 03:26:09 pm »
Hello guys i am new in Ubuntu also in CodeBlocks. To make GUI programming i choose wxWidgets and CodeBlocks(wxSmith). And downloads the wxGTK-2.8.12 from it's website. Then follow this link http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Compiling_and_getting_started. Execute all command up to Building apps with wxWidgets . Then i have downloaded CodeBlocks from http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/10.05/Linux%20%2832%20bit%29/codeblocks-10.05-1-debian-i386.tar.bz2 here. Unzip it and issue this command "sudo dpkg -i *.deb" to install it. Then i got this error->
"codeblocks: error while loading shared  libraries: libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0:cannot open shared object file:no such file or directory".

How to solve it. Please guide me.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Code::Blocks could not start in ubuntu 10.04
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:28:34 pm »
Revert all the steps you've made and then just execute: "sudo apt-get install codeblocks".
If it doesn't work read the info here http://apt.jenslody.de/

BTW: why are you using 32bit linux?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline TigerMaz

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 03:36:25 pm »
Revert all the steps you've made and then just execute: "sudo apt-get install codeblocks".
If it doesn't work read the info here http://apt.jenslody.de/

BTW: why are you using 32bit linux?

If i used a repo then how can i configured or used this option of wxWidgets "./configure --disable-shared". Because i don't want that my program would run with shared libraries help. Though this process make my program big size but i want in that way.

What is your suggestion for Linux?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 03:51:35 pm »
You can install a local copy of wx somewhere under your home directory and then you can configure you projects to use this version of wx.
There is no reason to force all apps depending on wx to use static linking -> thus requiring you to build them yourself.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline TigerMaz

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 04:04:42 pm »
You can install a local copy of wx somewhere under your home directory and then you can configure you projects to use this version of wx.
There is no reason to force all apps depending on wx to use static linking -> thus requiring you to build them yourself.

Yes , that's i want. I want to build myself. Such as i have donwloaded VLC player all deb file and when i have fresh installed Ubuntu on that time i don't have to use the repo. In this way i can save the bandwidth of mine.

Now how can i solved the error can you please suggest some steps???

Thank you.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 04:44:18 pm »
If you build wxgtk yourself and want to use it for all apps in your system, then you're on your own and you must compile all software which depends on wxgtk yourself.

Keep in mind that this is pretty error prone and unmaintainable! And you won't save any bandwidth, because you'll waste it on forums, mailing list and google searches for info why something doesn't work.