Author Topic: Improved visibility  (Read 2808 times)

Offline smallB

• Almost regular
Improved visibility
« on: October 30, 2011, 04:08:44 pm »
Guys, I really like the debug bar but I think when "run to cursor", "next line" and "step into" are concerned there is a better way(clearer way) to do it. As for now, run to cursor indicates that it rather mean step into. Step into is very similar to run to cursor so it causes confusion and very often I have to wait for tool tip in order to know which one is which.
I suggest redesign four of them, namely:
1. Run to cursor - total change - have no idea at the moment but may think about it if needs be. After giving it some thought I say: Why not go with the most obvious and make this icon look like this:
straight red arrow going from top, passing by few lines [green rectangles] and finishing at a cursor?
2. Next line - remove the arrow from an icon and have just two rectangles top one and bottom one, where bottom one is highlighted and top one shaded - this clearly indicate "next" meaning.
3. step into - arrow's head should actually be placed between two rectangles - that would immediately indicate the intent of stepping into something.
4. step out - arrow tail should actually be placed between two rectangles - that would immediately indicate the intent of stepping out of something.
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:57:02 pm by smallB »