Author Topic: Search box weird behaviour in KDE3.5  (Read 4137 times)

Offline Jorg

• Multiple posting newcomer
Search box weird behaviour in KDE3.5
« on: December 03, 2005, 04:52:43 pm »
Hi all,

I am using KDE3.5 - Suse 10, RC2 of Code::Blocks;

When I press the backspace in the search box, the cursor constantly jumps to the begin of the text! I have not seen this behavior yet, so I think it is newly introduced by KDE.

Anyone else have this weird behaviour?

- Jorgen

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
Re: Search box weird behaviour in KDE3.5
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 05:09:25 pm »
This problem exists also in the SVN-version from yesterday on enlightenment e16. By the way, I don't think it is a problem related to the windowmanager....

Edit:
After some fumbling around I think I got a solution. It seems to work although I don't really like it. Anyway, I don't see a better way to achieve this yet.
Note: I tried to use wxComboBox::SetInsertionPoint instead of wxComboBox::SetSelection but this didn't work if the cursor should be set before the last character in the text box. I don't have any idea why this happened because wxComboBox::GetInsertionPoint returned the correct value. Maybe it's a bug in wxComboBox::SetInsertionPoint?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 06:10:36 pm by Der Meister »
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.

Offline Jorg

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 09:15:37 pm »
Is it to "auto complete" the search query? Another option is to make the auto complete optional. I never realised this functionality was present.

Thanks for clarifying it.

- Jorgen

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 10:59:52 am »
As far as I see it is to sync the content between the two text-boxes - one for Find and one for Find in Files. I wouldn't make this optional because this option would probably lead to more confusion and not more benefit. And I bet: If it is removed completely it will not take a long time until someone requests exactly this feature.  :)
Thus, I would leave this feature as it is but perhaps apply my rather dirty patch.  8)
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.