Author Topic: BerlisOS is Closing!  (Read 30457 times)

Offline Dreamy

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: BerlisOS is Closing!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 01:52:19 am »
Btw who is the guy maintaining this?

https://launchpad.net/codeblocks

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 03:46:21 am »
Btw who is the guy maintaining this?

https://launchpad.net/codeblocks

Maintainer:
    Yiannis Mandravellos
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Dreamy

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 07:56:55 am »
I'm sorry... Do you believe I can't read? I can assure you I can.
I'm not asking who is maintaining this, but who is the guy
maintaining this.

But meanwhile I understood it's mandrav
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:03:30 am by Dreamy »

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 11:12:10 am »
I just thought about something.
codeblocks' forum, wiki and website are on which server?
If you can add things yourself, maybe you can add it a software forge, so you could choose every tool you want to use? And there are plenty of forges that support more than one VCS. And maybe there is one which can handle synchronization between 2 hosted forges, solving the problem of using git OR mercurial OR subversion OR ....
At least, in this case, it could be possible to have SVN+GIT, or SVN+HG, or any other combination the C::B team choose.

I would like to say that it is a way to "ménager la chèvre et le chou" (I'm not able to translate it, I'm sorry)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 11:19:10 am »
But someone must spend time to admin it, upgrade it, check if there aren't any security problems.
It is not that simple. And as you know we are underpowered as any other open source project.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 09:52:53 am »
BTW: svn 1.7.0 fixes one of the problems with svn, the multiple .svn directories, now there is only one in the root of the working copy:)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 09:59:30 am »
BTW: svn 1.7.0 fixes one of the problems with svn, the multiple .svn directories, now there is only one in the root of the working copy:)
Yes, I updated to TortoiseSVN 1.7.0 some days ago, and it use SVN1.7 library. Then I need to update(In the context menu) my local copy data structure, so only on .svn directory in the root folder now. :D
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Dreamy

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 10:01:39 am »
Yeah that really makes it the most advanced and powerfull RCS...

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2011, 10:10:23 am »
But there is one feature of git, that looks really good to me, the local branching.
Working on patches, without the danger to interfere with others is a real cool feature.

Offline Dreamy

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2011, 10:11:31 am »
As if bazaar can't do that. :lol: Okey I stop, I see you're not really open-minded.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2011, 10:24:00 am »
As if bazaar can't do that. :lol: Okey I stop, I see you're not really open-minded.
Look, the things is really simple: We are very used to SVN and have active branches. So switching now must be done with care. In addition, most core developers have strong experience with GIT. None of us has with bazaar. So why aren't we open-minded if we minimise risk? You should choose your words more carefully. :?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2011, 10:24:25 am »
Be careful what you right and stop getting personal, that's something I really don't like.
The only thing I said, that git can do that.
I know bazar can do that too, but I never used it.

I just started to work with git-svn on our subversion repo to test this feature.

I don't have the time to test bazar also (at the moment).
There are plenty of other things to do (family, work and other real lif stuff).

And the decision will be made by the developers and our project-leader, because we have to work with it the most time.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2011, 10:29:03 am »
But there is one feature of git, that looks really good to me, the local branching.
Working on patches, without the danger to interfere with others is a real cool feature.
I strongly suggest git. :D
Did you c::b developers decided which host will c::b migrate? There two months left. Besides the code database, I think some one(c::b developers) should achieve the bugs/features request, that's also very important database.

PS: After the migration, I'm considering to request for a developer of c::b.   8)  Any chance??? or possibility???
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2011, 10:43:04 am »
A (more or less) short post to correct my first one in this thread:

I hope it will help you to choose the right one. (my personal choice were gna.org, and it was simply easy to set-up trackers and versioning system. The problem is that there is only cvs and svn, as far as I know, and no wiki too... so I don't think you will choose it.)
gna.org seem to be moribund. Don't go there.
So I have searched for a better one, and I was stupid to choose gna.org, I should have taken http://savannah.nongnu.org/, which have more CVS support. (at least git, I'm not sure about mercurial or bazaar)

===
About branching, it seem this feature is common in DVCS.
If I understood everything correctly, it is simply done by the structure of decentralization, because each workdir is a working copy, and this is why CVS or SVN don't have it.

About svn 1.7.0, it seem they greatly enhanced performances, too.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2011, 10:57:59 am »
If I understood everything correctly, it is simply done by the structure of decentralization, because each workdir is a working copy, and this is why CVS or SVN don't have it.
No, it is not because of DVCS, it is because they track changes, but CVS/SVN tracks files.