Author Topic: Problem running a program in Ubuntu  (Read 3968 times)

Offline kcho

  • Single posting newcomer
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Problem running a program in Ubuntu
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:29:33 pm »
Hi! I've got problem trying to run a C program. The compilation process is OK. The program runs from the console manually and I can debug it too.
The problem arises when I run the program inside the C::B, the console shows:

sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

and exits with error 2.

I was searching on Google and in the forum and nobody reports a problem related with a running program, just compilation problems.
Please help me :)

Code::Blocks 10.05
Ubuntu 11.04
Kernel 2.6.38.11

Offline jens

  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
  • *****
  • Posts: 7253
    • Jens' unofficial debian-repository for the Code::Blocks - IDE
Re: Problem running a program in Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:29:19 pm »
Please change "Settings -> Compiler and debugger... -> Global compiler settings -> [your compiler] -> Other settings (rightmost tab) -> Compiler logging:" to "Full commandline" and post the content of the "Build log", if C::B tries to run your program.

Offline kcho

  • Single posting newcomer
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: Problem running a program in Ubuntu
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 01:03:18 am »
Hi, thank you for your answer. This is the log:

Compilation
-------------- Clean: Debug in ej15 ---------------

Cleaned "ej15 - Debug"

-------------- Build: Debug in ej15 ---------------

gcc -Wall -g  -g  -Wall -g    -c "/home/XX/Documents/XX/XX/XX/TP-02(1c)/XX/ej15/main.c" -o obj/Debug/main.o
g++  -o ej15 obj/Debug/main.o   
Output size is 9.25 KB
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings


Run
Checking for existence: /home/XX/Documents/XX/XX/XX/TP-02(1c)/XX/ej15/ej15
Executing: xterm -T ej15 -e /usr/bin/cb_console_runner LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /home/XX/Documents/XX/XX/XX/TP-02(1c)/XX/ej15/ej15  (in /home/XX/Documents/XX/XX/XX/TP-02(1c)/XX/ej15/.)
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 16 seconds)


But copying these logs I found that there is a parenthesis in the executable path. So I changed it by a dash and the program ran OK.  :D
I think there is a problem with the use of xterm and the "-e" parameter.