Author Topic: wxSmith menu not included in nightly version?  (Read 5447 times)

Offline zhl

• Multiple posting newcomer
wxSmith menu not included in nightly version?
« on: August 23, 2011, 01:50:02 am »
I find the wxSmith menu disappears in a nightly version compiled in WinXP and the official version  has the menu.Is my compilation is wrong or the nightly version just includes the menu?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: wxSmith menu not included in nightly version?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:23:08 am »
Have you compiled the contrib plugins?
What do you use for compilation? My magic ball is in the service and I can't guess it :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline zhl

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:22:10 am »
I remember that I do everything according to the address:http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Nightly_Cookbook and I prepare to rebuild the nightly version in WinXP of my vitual machine(vmware Workstation) because I have installed WinAVR in my physical machine.

BTW what your words "My magic ball is in the service" means?

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:41:08 am »
Those words mean that he burned his tarot to start a barbecue, his ball fall from its pedestal, and he don't have enough coffee to use divination techniques.

In short, when you give no details, we can't help you, we are developers, no soothsayers.

Offline zhl

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:05:54 am »
I'm sorry for that and I use the nightly version for the first time.I'm just sure whether the wxSmith menu still is included in nightly version and now I get the answer from oBFusCATed.So I will rebuild the nightly version in my machine following  the instructions in this forum.
Thanks for your help and have a nice day!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:07:28 am by zage »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 12:08:38 pm »
Hm, what does rebuild mean in your posts?
Because if you're using the binary nightly builds, they include the wxSmith plugins and all other contrib plugins.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline zhl

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 03:17:23 pm »
ah,I just try to build CB myself and follow the instructions from killerbot's wiki page and eventually I accomplish that and get the nightly build,but the CB.exe lacks of the wxSmith menu.Probably is the sources of CB from  svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk is the lastest version.It is quite unnecessary to build nightly personally if you just use CB.From this aspect I may be a little stupid. :lol: