Author Topic: The 15 August 2011 build (7386) DEBUGGER BRANCH version is out.  (Read 54144 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc452-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc452-TDM.7z

The 15 August 2011 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20110815_rev7386_DEBUGGER_BRANCH_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Important changes compared to previous DEBUGGER BRANCH nightly:

* debugger_branch: fixed bug when changing the selected compiler in "Settings->Compiler.."
* debugger_branch:
imported shared_ptr in namespace cb;
replaced all occurrences of std::tr1::shared_ptr with cb::shared_ptr;
renamed GetRootWatch to cbGetRootWatch;
cbDebuggerPlugins::AddWatch now returns cbWatch::Pointer instead of the raw pointer;
fixed a warning related to the wrong pch used on windows;
some style changes (here and there);
* debugger_branch:
- Added ValueTooltip API, so debuggers can should value tooltips easier;
- Rewritten the TipWindow and now wxPropertyGrid is used to show the value;
- Added option to show the value tooltip only if the control key is pressed (doesn't work on windows, because the dwell event is not sent by Scintilla);
- Improved the logic for hiding the other tooltips
- Improved the logic for showing the tooltips (now it is checked if the mouse is over the selection);
* debugger_branch: Fixed a bug in wxPropertyGrid (see here for details http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3389455&group_id=133406&atid=727081)
* debugger_branch: fixed bug when changing the selected compiler in "Settings->Compiler.."
* all updates that occurred on trunk

Note: Watch parsing prints an error message in the watches window if the parsing fails. If you see this string please report it as a bug.

THIS IS A SPECIAL TEST BUILD OF REFACTORINGS CARRIED OUT ON THE DEBUGGER BRANCH IN OUR SVN.
FOCUS IS ON ENHANCED DEBUGGING USABILITY.

Give your feedback on this version only in this thread, don't mix it with the regular nightly please.

Once we don't have any blockers on this version,we will merge the changes into trunk and it will be part of the regular nightlies.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 15 August 2011 build (7386) DEBUGGER BRANCH version is out.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:23:49 am »
Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my repo.

If you want to use apt (or dselect, synaptic or whatever) you need to add the following entries to /etc/apt/sources.list :
Code
deb http://apt.jenslody.de/ any dbg
deb-src http://apt.jenslody.de/ any dbg
and remove entries for the normal nightlies.

Alternatively you can download the deb's directly from http://apt.jenslody.de/pool/dbg/c/codeblocks/ .

Offline Oleg_Sam

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:54:15 pm »
1.The SpellChecker Path settings (Dictionaries path, Thesauri path, Bitmaps path) not support $(DATAPATH) and all global CB variables.

2. In the SpellChecker settings (when not installed Dictionary) the checkbox "Enable online spell checker" inaccessible, and so impossible
    to switch off SpellChecker (it's only accessible when Dictionary is installed).

3. In Settings->Debugger,  Debugger executable path still also not support $(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR) and all global CB variables.

4. In Project->Properties->Debugger->Additional Shell Commands->Before Connection the any outside program is not started under windows cmd shell (usually uses for starting gdbserver before target remote). I type any combination and this is not work.

Thanks.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 08:13:09 pm »
3. In Settings->Debugger,  Debugger executable path still also not support $(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR) and all global CB variables.
It is on the todo, wait or provide a patch (it is one liner probably)

(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 02:41:27 pm »
I only post now, but used this release yesterday in train, on my notebook.

I've found some problems, but before, some of my computers'specs:
asus eeepc, with a small screen :) (I've found some problems because of that)
debian testing/unstable with:
    Kernel: linux v3.0.0-1-amd64
    Desktop Environment: xfce4.8
(I think I have some problem related on both C::B and XFCE, as I didn't see those problems on forum and they are specific to C::B)

* It is impossible to reduce the watch window passed a certain point. (I have placed it at bottom, and with it's minimum size it take near 1/3 of my notebook's screen)

* I don't have context menu in many logs (I noticed build log and debug log for now), but it works with the build messages log.

* The debugger's log say: "Can't launch console (x-terminal-emulator -T 'Program Console' -e sleep 80002139)" when I try to debug, but everything work perfectly. (I mean, the program I want to debug is launched, if it was working perfectly I wouldn't like to debug it :D )

* When debugging, focus stay on source editor when I tried to use CTRL+C/CTRL+V, when I want to edit a watch. The strange thing is that the cursor is really in the watch, so if I type it is the watch which is edited...

* It appear possible to rename an object's member in a watch. In fact, it have no effect, nothing is renamed, but the entry in context menu is here.

* Floating watch tip have a length problem. I had a "cannot access memory" style message not entirely visible, and the variable name had many space remaining.

* One of most important things:
I have many random crashes (or freeze like infinite loop, I didn't wait more than a minute). They are often caused by opening a file which is not of my workspace (like tr1/shared_ptr.h or something like this). I think there is something else related to files that make it crash but cannot remember...

* Another:
C::B systematically run in the same kind of freeze/crash as my last problem when I use the class wizard, and when it automatically open created files.

* When killing C::B with xkill after one of my freezes , it seem that C::B keep a lock about the "one instance only".
When retrying to start C::B multiple times, and take a look in "ps -u me" I was able to see many C::B, but didn't have interface at all.

* The menu which allowed us to validate or not the add of files have disappeared: all of them are now systematically included in project.

I have some other little problems, but they are not specially related to this release. I just need to look if those other issues are already in bug tracked or not.

PS: thanks for all the work and sorry if some problems are known and I just see them those last days...

Offline adfm

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 05:26:36 pm »
Well, I got a problem with the "Goto Function...". It worked fine in my last debbuger branch version (7075) and I just updated and in every file in my projects I get a "No functions parsed in this file..." error message.

I already did a "Reparse current project", but I keep getting the same error.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 05:31:12 pm »
* It is impossible to reduce the watch window passed a certain point. (I have placed it at bottom, and with it's minimum size it take near 1/3 of my notebook's screen)
Make your system default fonts smaller.
Can I see a screenshot (don't attach it please)?

* The debugger's log say: "Can't launch console (x-terminal-emulator -T 'Program Console' -e sleep 80002139)" when I try to debug, but everything work perfectly. (I mean, the program I want to debug is launched, if it was working perfectly I wouldn't like to debug it :D )
What is the command in "settings->environment->general->terminal to launch"?

* When debugging, focus stay on source editor when I tried to use CTRL+C/CTRL+V, when I want to edit a watch. The strange thing is that the cursor is really in the watch, so if I type it is the watch which is edited...
Known problem. Unfortunately Ctrl+c/v is not an easy to solve problem :(
I have it on the to-do.

* It appear possible to rename an object's member in a watch. In fact, it have no effect, nothing is renamed, but the entry in context menu is here.
Adding to the TO-DO

* Floating watch tip have a length problem. I had a "cannot access memory" style message not entirely visible, and the variable name had many space remaining.
Should be fixed in r7388.

* One of most important things:
I have many random crashes (or freeze like infinite loop, I didn't wait more than a minute). They are often caused by opening a file which is not of my workspace (like tr1/shared_ptr.h or something like this). I think there is something else related to files that make it crash but cannot remember...

* Another:
C::B systematically run in the same kind of freeze/crash as my last problem when I use the class wizard, and when it automatically open created files.
This are mostly CC issues. :(
Can you try a trunk version?
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 05:34:15 pm »
Well, I got a problem with the "Goto Function...". It worked fine in my last debbuger branch version (7075) and I just updated and in every file in my projects I get a "No functions parsed in this file..." error message.
This was reported on the trunk nightly and is fixed there.
Please report only problems related to the debugger. This nightly has the same fixes as the trunk nightly. Mainly CC fixes.

Offline adfm

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »
Roger ;)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 09:47:17 pm »
To windows users: can you open the Setting -> Debugger dialog? I can't in my self build C::B :( I'm on Windows7 64bit

edit: The nightly crashes in the same way :(
edit2: All nightlies with this new dialog crash in this way :(
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:51:11 pm by oBFusCATed »

Offline Oleg_Sam

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 07:39:32 am »
I am work on winxp sp3 and when I open Setting -> Debugger settings dialog, there is never crashes last
and previous nightly builds.. Current I uses svn7387. In general works fine.

Thanks.

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 09:58:05 am »
To windows users: can you open the Setting -> Debugger dialog? I can't in my self build C::B :( I'm on Windows7 64bit

win xp pro sp3, C::B rev 7387, no crash.
debian testing, C::B rev 7386, works fine via xming && ssh. If I run C::B directly on my eeepc, the dialog is reduced to the "Common" pseudo title, a small line with the tree control (like it was a choicebook), "Auto-Build project [...]" is reduced to "Au" and its checkbox, and last the wxStdDialogButtonSizer is fine. I can resize it anyway, but that's not fun...

This dialog have huge size not used, anyway... I think there is a sizer problem here?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 10:12:20 am »
I'm more interested in win vista/7 users, I've tried it on xp sp3 and it was working fine. :(

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 12:03:33 pm »

edit: The nightly crashes in the same way :(
edit2: All nightlies with this new dialog crash in this way :(

I can access 'settings->debugger', add or delete configs, works with no problems.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 12:24:54 pm »
Do you have any of the access control features disabled?
I've non disabled, I think.