Author Topic: The 15 August 2011 build (7385) is out.  (Read 199248 times)

Offline Folco

• Regular
    • Folco's blog (68k lover)
Re: The 15 August 2011 build (7385) is out.
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2011, 09:33:52 pm »
I like the doubleclick on a projet that makes it the main project of the workspace.
There is a bug in this process. The macro $PROJECT_DIR (in the Tools) is not synchro with the active project.
Kernel Extremist - PedroM power ©

stefanos_

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 03:59:05 pm »
An old bug re-appeared:

open codeblocks.cbp, right-click "close project" and Code::Blocks crashes.

Another observation I have made right now (as I am typing), I opened codeblocks.cbp and opened Task Manager to see Code::Blocks consuming my RAM viciously. There's definitely a serious memory leak somewhere along the lines.

32-bit system
Windows XP SP3
svn-7406
TDM's GCC 4.5.2
wxMSW-2.8.10

Regards,

Stefanos

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 04:08:54 pm »
Can you try to run C::B with the CC plugin disabled to see it the problems are still there?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ham

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 04:29:59 am »
hi,

imho codeblocks is getting more unstable from version to version on windows XP,

1. FATAL BUG: cb crashes if i set new keywords and close editor menu --> frozen (parser or anything is looping indefinitly)

2. FATAL BUG: if i switch from 1 monitor to 2 (or from 2 to 1) all wxWidgets dialogs are set to size 0!!!, so i have to close CB (and hope it wont crash while closing) and reopen

3. enumeration values are not properly parsed (only accessible by calling its enumname first irr::video::ECOLOR_FORMAT::ECF_A8R8G8B8 instead of irr::video::ECF_A8R8G8B8)

4. jumping to declarations or definitions often dont work (even if include folders are set properly, i always set them relative to projectfile, dont know if thats a problem)

5. FEATURE REQUEST: all whitespace characters or tabs after last printable character in line should be removed automaticly WORKS :-)

--> :-) man, why arent these settings by default?

6. BUG: erasing of tabs with DELETE key does not work (erases always just one whitesspace), even if "use Tab character is marked in settings", the BACKSPACE on the other hand does work
WORKS :-)
--> I SET THE OPTION "USE TAB CHAR", BUT CB crashed and didnt SAVE SETTINGS, so it wasnt set anymore the next time i started CB (my fault)

7. FEATURE REQUEST: need new feature: select any lines of code and "delete TAB character at start of lines", shortkey SHIFT+TAB WORKS :-)

8. BUG: CC helptext is overlapping the actual CB windowsize (tooooooooo long, no linebreak)

9. BUG: adding ')' character deletes a existing one on that position. (WHY SHOULD i DISABLE THIS TO MAKE IT "NOT" WORK)

10. Dialog Implement/Override Methods from inherited classes is not really usable, and does not show the hierarchy, does not sort, does not filter

11. replace of multiple-line-arguments-expressions i.e. replace ";" with "\n{\n\t\return;\n\}\n" does not work OK WORKS :-)

12. BUG: select of multiple line does not work with replace dialog ( "\n", "\t" is replaced with "      " and must be corrected by hand) --> DOES NOT WORK :-(!!!

13. BUG: find dialogs dont work anyway for project or workspace files (especially the little finddlgs in toolbar "ThreadSearch", "Incremental Search")

14. Symbol Browser still lame (the tree does not browse all! symbols, divided the browser in 2 panels is pretty unhandy, i always have to resize to see the content in one of both panels (tree or list)

15. hovering over a symbol, CC show its origin or params after a toooooooo long waittime (2-3 sek)
     15.1 but leaving the hovered element, this exact info stays on top of window until 3-5sek passed, or i hover over the next element(word) for (2-3 sec),
     -> the help text should be removed immedietly, when leaving the element. (thats called interactive^^)

15.2 MOSTANNOYINGBUGOFTHEIDEUNIVERSE hovering a word does almost always nothing ! even when window has focus

16. BUG: identifiers between <> chars are not recognised as identifier by CC i.e. "template<u32>" then "u32" is not recognised

CC has to be much more aggressive in displaying text for the user

thx
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:35:20 pm by ham »

Offline pomelo

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 04:34:52 am »
hi,
I come up with a loading failure: failed to load plugin wxSmithAui.dll, every time.

Windows 7 enterprise, Build: Aug 13 2011, 14:27:38 - wx2.8.12(Windows, unicode) - 32bit

stefanos_

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 07:16:01 am »
Can you try to run C::B with the CC plugin disabled to see it the problems are still there?

I have disabled it and now crashes even more...a serious issue I would say.

Also bug ID #18319 still exists.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2011, 07:42:02 am »
First of all : which version are you using ?

3. enumeration values are not properly parsed (only accessible by calling its enumname first irr::video::ECOLOR_FORMAT::ECF_A8R8G8B8 instead of irr::video::ECF_A8R8G8B8)

Can judge since I for example always use the full path, start learning it too, I would suggest (if you are using C++), then you are already using strong enums style, which will be a major improvement in C++0x

5. FEATURE REQUEST: all whitespace characters or tabs after last printable character in line should be removed automaticly
That's possible, activate its setting in the editor settings

7. FEATURE REQUEST: need new feature: select any lines of code and "delete TAB character at start of lines", shortkey SHIFT+TAB
That's possible : tab indents, shift tab de-indents

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2011, 08:52:09 am »
2. FATAL BUG: if i switch from 1 monitor to 2 (or from 2 to 1) all wxWidgets dialogs are set to size 0!!!, so i have to close CB (and hope it wont crash while closing) and reopen
Confirmed on windows (XP), but it works on linux (debian 64-it, gnome-shell), so it might be a wxWidgets on windows bug. I will see, if I can look into it.
6. BUG: erasing of tabs with DELETE key does not work (erases always just one whitesspace), even if "use Tab character is marked in settings", the BACKSPACE on the other hand does work
That happens if you do not use tabs, but spaces for indendation (the default), but have "Backspace unindents" checked (also the default).
11. replace of multiple-line-arguments-expressions i.e. replace ";" with "\n{\n\t\return;\n\}\n" does not work
Works fine here, if you check "Regular expression"  in the search dialog.
12. BUG: select of multiple line does not work with replace dialog ( "\n", "\t" is replaced with "      " and must be corrected by hand)
Works here, if I enable "Multi line search" in searchdialog (regexes, seem not to work [correctly|at all]).
13. BUG: find dialogs dont work anyway for project or workspace files (especially the little finddlgs in toolbar "ThreadSearch", "Incremental Search")
What does this mean ?
Where threadsearch searches depends on its settings, and it works fine here (debian 64 bit and windows XP).
Incrementalsearch searches in the active editor, and it also works without any problems (I use it a lot).
15. hovering over a symbol, CC show its origin or params after a toooooooo long waittime (2-3 sek)
     15.1 but leaving the hovered element, this exact info stays on top of window until 3-5sek passed, or i hover over the next element(word) for (2-3 sec),
     -> the help text should be removed immedietly, when leaving the element. (thats called interactive^^)
The tooltip should be shown after 1s, but it's not configurable (at the moment).
Dwelltime is hardcoded to 1000 ms at the moment, it can be changed easily, but would lead to more config options and therefore to a more confusing settings dialog.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 09:36:04 am »
9. BUG: adding ')' character deletes a existing one on that position.
Easy: Disable the brace completion option in the editor settings.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 10:36:17 am »
Confirmed on windows (XP), but it works on linux (debian 64-it, gnome-shell), so it might be a wxWidgets on windows bug. I will see, if I can look into it.
It's a bug in wxWidgets, because it does not recognize if a monitor is (dis)connected and therefore can not fetch the correct displaysize.

This is most likely fixed in wxWidgets (2.9.x), but not in wx2.8 (see http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/65555 ).

I will commit a workaround (hack), that always uses the first monitor, if the detection fails.

EDIT:
committed (svn r7445)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:14:15 am by jens »

Offline ham

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 03:28:30 pm »
hi, i updated the list, yeah i got some wrong, the tabs seems to work now like Notepad++ (my favourite text editor) and thats fantastic

To the BUG with Desktops, i thought wx lets you set a min size, but the zero size if very f**cked up, sorry if i was blaming you for that xD

Is it right then, that BUG 8 has todo with this monitorproblem?

To BUG 13: the tiny searchfields really dont find anything for me. The normal search in files does work so i use that, so dont bother that much.

pls keep the good work going, i like CB much more than eclipse/codelite/visualstudio (i hate ms)

and therefore i like you guys.

h.a.n.d.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:41:29 pm by ham »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2011, 11:26:10 pm »
The tooltip should be shown after 1s, but it's not configurable (at the moment).
Dwelltime is hardcoded to 1000 ms at the moment, it can be changed easily, but would lead to more config options and therefore to a more confusing settings dialog.
As a suggestion, dwelltime could be made to feel more "interactive" by having it dynamically change based on the speed/distance the mouse leaves the element - moving the mouse away faster/further would decrease the time the help text is shown.

8. BUG: CC helptext is overlapping the actual CB windowsize (tooooooooo long, no linebreak)
I have the same problem; code-completion always starts where the cursor is, so when I get to the right side of the screen, half the box ends up off the monitor; hints always begin the box where the mouse is, and as many times these are very long, parts of them also end up off the edge of the screen.  It would be useful for hints to contain a line-break function, as well as both hints and code-completion to detect viable display area, and shift left when necessary.
The other problem I have is that hints and code-completion sometimes conflict.  When I type to the end of a page and Code::Blocks scrolls down, my mouse sometimes ends up over some code.  Now the code-completion list will appear normally, but almost immediately disappear, being overridden by the hint box.  I am not sure how balance of priorities could be achieved between the two.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2011, 03:29:10 pm »

It is here:
Code
// static
void cbEditor::InternalSetEditorStyleBeforeFileOpen(cbStyledTextCtrl* control)
{
    if (!control)
        return;

ConfigManager* mgr = Manager::Get()->GetConfigManager(_T("editor"));

// setting the default editor font size to 10 point
    wxFont font(10, wxMODERN, wxNORMAL, wxNORMAL);

wxString fontstring = mgr->Read(_T("/font"), wxEmptyString);

if (!fontstring.IsEmpty())
    {
        wxNativeFontInfo nfi;
        nfi.FromString(fontstring);
        font.SetNativeFontInfo(nfi);
    }

control->SetMouseDwellTime(1000);
The value will effect all the tooltip event delay time, including the debugger's value tip and the cc's value tip.

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

stefanos_

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2011, 07:27:35 am »
I'm experiencing a very strange bug that happens every 15-30 minutes. I'm not quite sure what's causing it but it seems to be related to copying stuff into the clipboard or while saving documents. CodeBlocks will just hang and WindowsXP will say it's not responding. And he won't. Anymore.

Unfortunately this is not enough info. Guys here will need compiler version, bits of your OS, and wxWidgets version, plus the last steps you were doing to reproduce this behavior.

Offline bvisser

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2012, 11:04:59 am »

Any update or solution to this problem as this is very annoying.

Regards