Author Topic: [Ubuntu] Ctrl+C disabled in build log ?  (Read 5708 times)

Offline Kalith

• Multiple posting newcomer
[Ubuntu] Ctrl+C disabled in build log ?
« on: July 27, 2011, 02:16:09 pm »
Hi,

I've searched the forum for some hints but couldn't find anything : using Ubuntu (I can't recall for Windows), you can't use Ctrl+C to copy strings in the compiler log, because the code text control has priority, even when not focused. I have to right click it and select "Copy selection to clipboard", which is neither handy nor standard.
Furthermore, when I right click on the selected text (only in the compiler log), coloring changes and the selected text becomes white... on a white background ! (was white on a gray background before right click)

Is there any chance that this can be fixed ? Copy/pasting compiler messages can be very useful to google obscure C++ template errors.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: [Ubuntu] Ctrl+C disabled in build log ?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:48:03 pm »
This is a wxGTK bug/feature, see here for details: http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/11320

There is a workaround though: select the text, then right click, then copy selection to clipboard
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Kalith

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 02:54:58 pm »
Damn dependencies... I know the workaround (I wrote it in my previous post), it's just not handy.
I guess I'll wait for wxGTK to fix it (will they ?). Thank you :(

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:59:45 pm »
I doubt they'll fix it...
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Kalith

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:49:49 pm »
At least, would it be possible to rename it simply "Copy" and "Copy all" ?
Every time I have to double check I'm not clicking on "Copy content to clipboard" :) The two items are approximately the same length, and the key word is in the middle of the phrase.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:51:53 pm by Kalith »

Offline ouch

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 05:15:29 pm »
if you want to copy text to more detail switch to the build log tab. Sounds like your using the build message tab.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 05:19:59 pm »
ouch: please stop this random spamming, you even don't understand the problem the OP is having!

Offline ouch

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 05:33:52 pm »
Don't I?

he said "Copy content to clipboard" which only comes up when you right click the message log. It sounds to me like he only wants to copy the "keyword" in the middle of the sentence which he can do from the build log.

Unless I'm misunderstanding. But regardless, it's hardly "random spamming" and certainly not worth freaking out about...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 06:09:04 pm »
ouch:
He knows how to copy what he wants with the context menu, his problem is that ctrl+c is not working!
Thus your post is unrelated to this discussion.