Author Topic: how can i make the MS-DOS black box from flashing  (Read 5450 times)

Offline bazso

• Single posting newcomer
how can i make the MS-DOS black box from flashing
« on: July 17, 2011, 04:50:22 am »
hello my name is keith, i am learning C++ code blocks it is very helpful in this task, i am reading out of the book C++ Primer Plus fifth edition, between code blocks and the book it has been keeping me very busy jogging down notes of every little thing, i was using a earlier version of code blocks and i was able to see the end result after i compiled and ran the program i just made, on my screen it was showing me the MS-DOS like black box with white text but now

after when it has successfully compiled and then i run the program if it is not asking a question it does a very quick blink flash, if it is asking me a question it waits for me to answer and then it does this to, so what i am getting at is i don't see the total end result that i am use to seeing of what i was seeing before from it

what i am asking is,is there a way i can config code blocks to have it stop doing this or is there something i need to download to stop it from doing this blinking flashing?

Offline bazso

Re: how can i make the MS-DOS black box from flashing
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:12:16 am »
i guess to much info was a bad thing....

i am taking that no one here has any idea of what i am talking about?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 06:41:41 am »
In "Project -> Properties -> Build targets" the "Type:" has to be "Console application" and "Pause when execution ends" has to been checked.

This works only inside C::B and if you do not run your program through a debugger.
In the second case you can put a breakpoint on the last line of your main-function.

Offline bazso

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 06:54:52 pm »
thank you very very much for helping me out

*one last thing*

i am not very well educated on how to config the compiler and to have it do certain things, if i do know how to config it a little bit its through me guessing so far, is there a tutorial that can answer any further questions i have?

before i have to come to the forms and ask in the manner like i did again...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:04:42 pm by bazso »

Offline bazso

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:24:56 pm »
*sigh* i have a new problem now....

when i click on project, properties does not allow me to access it, its greyed out, what did i do wrong?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:41:35 pm »
It is disabled, when your program is run or debugged.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]