Author Topic: WxWidgets 2.8 and Code::Blocks 10.5 not working?? Please help  (Read 15683 times)

Offline pebri86

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: WxWidgets 2.8 and Code::Blocks 10.5 not working?? Please help
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 02:20:45 pm »
it's look like you should build your library first...

This wiki-article http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=WxWindowsQuickRef should help to compile wxWidgets from source.
wxWidgets does not provide precompiled binaries for windows !

that wiki describes very clearly or you can see install.txt how to build under ..\wxWidgets-2.8.11\docs\msw

but there's a prebuilt wxwidgets for windows called wxPack, visit http://wxpack.sourceforge.net/

Offline noobscratcher

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 02:44:25 pm »
ahh ha and what does this do? :)

okay ill have alook at code::blocks one
The Door Closes to all noobs
but noobs arnt always dumb :)

Offline noobscratcher

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:59 pm »
and what a suprise the tutorial is outdated :P ahhhhh i love the good old problems of c++ :P

now what do i do i did everything it said and i get the same thing

i cant not build or debug which is annoying

and i dont have a global variable on my wxwidgets projects its all C:/ locations

these images below shows the idea of my configuration and also the problems im having

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:11:52 pm by noobscratcher »

Offline pebri86

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 03:12:10 pm »
u should build wxwidgets library with debug version too if you wish to build your code with debug configuration...:)

Offline noobscratcher

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 03:13:26 pm »
kk :) but i cant build anything haha :P errors everywhere

3weeks this problem has been a persistent Fork and Cup!

this is horrific at the very least  :(((
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:15:40 pm by noobscratcher »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 03:15:09 pm »
Why do you think it's outdated ?
Because you are not able to work with it ?
Everything necessary is described there !

The tutorial works fine with wx2.8 and actual compilers (at least the part about compiling wxWidgets, I never used wxPack and will never do so).

Offline noobscratcher

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 03:17:27 pm »
please teach me in english terms not nerd language :) because i cant understand half of what it says thats the problem with tutorials for programming half of it is in nerd and people who just want to create a GUI have to learn aload of extra crap just because its a balancing act of speak normal or speak nerd cant someone just come out and speak it in clear normal english terms infact when i make my program im gunna teach others how to get through these ridicoulous tutorials step by step explaining each meaning too them with your guidance ill be one step there! :)

and i followed the tutorial with wxpack,etc and it didnt work for some reason it keeps bringing up the same errors as always

i would love it also if someone could tell me the structure of installing wxwidgets into Code::Blocks or any IDE that actually allows me to do it without learning extra stuff that i dont really think is nessecary because the developers at wxwidgets were being lazy imo but then you could say im being lazy by not understanding well no its more that i dont understand the meaning of it 'all' hence all :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:22:11 pm by noobscratcher »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 03:22:57 pm »
kk :) but i cant build anything haha :P errors everywhere

3weeks this problem has been a persistent Fork and Cup!
please teach me in english terms not nerd language :) because i cant understand half of what it says thats the problem with tutorials for programming half of it is in nerd and people who just want to create a GUI have to learn aload of extra crap just because its a balancing act of speak normal or speak nerd cant someone just come out and speak it in clear normal english terms infact when i make my program im gunna teach others how to get through these ridicoulous tutorials step by step explaining each meaning too them with your guidance ill be one step there! :)

and i followed the tutorial with wxpack,etc and it didnt work for some reason it keeps bringing up the same errors as always

If you are not able to build wxWidgets with the tutorial in our wiki, you should do something different, and not try to be a programmer.
It's really quite simple.

I close this topic now, because it violates our forum rules.

It's not about using Code::Blocks or setup Code::Blocks !!

i would love it also if someone could tell me the structure of installing wxwidgets into Code::Blocks or any IDE that actually allows me to do it without learning extra stuff that i dont really think is nessecary because the developers at wxwidgets were being lazy imo

If you think the wxWidgets developers are too lazy, you should post it in their forum.

This is the wrong place for such questions.

Please respect our forum rules (point 3.):
Quote from: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9996.0.html
3. Is your problem library, framework specific? There are appropriate forums for it, not the Code::Blocks forum.